Jessie J Threatens (Her Voice Is Back) | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie J Threatens (Her Voice Is Back)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by sexercise, Jan 26, 2017.

1. In some territories there is an OAP version of The Voice, even though old people have always been allowed to enter the main series.

I shit you not.

2. Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 2.16.39 PM.png

These kill me.

Island, collxtion, Mikl C and 40 others like this.
  3. Jokes aside, Jessie J is the sort of person to refer to herself in third person, you can just tell.

4. It sounded great in the musical. I’m sure this won’t be the case now Jessie has covered it.

MB, Rob and mcuk like this.
  5. A NEW POP BALLAD x MUSICAL THEATRE x MAX MARTIN

Island, Laurence, spaceship and 3 others like this.
  6. Murder by musical.

mcuk and spaceship like this.
  7. Of all the people he could've grabbed for this, he chose her?

8. Translation = I am desperate and will record anything that lands in your fave's recycle bin.

Mr_Matt, No hay banda and spaceship like this.
  9. She was probably the cheapest

Mr_Matt, No hay banda and spaceship like this.
  10. I don’t understand why everyone rags on her when she’s absolutely in the top 3 vocalists in music today. But go off I guess?

11. Who cares how good you sing when what you’re singing is, most of the time, not very good?

12. This is really a stretch
    m2t7qip.gif

mcuk, Island, michaelhird and 4 others like this.
  13. I...what? She’s got range, that’s undeniable, but she’s the textbook definition of “all power, no control”

14. I don't like Jessie that much but nobody can tell that she's not a great singer, her performances on that chinese show were amazing.
    The problem is that most of her songs are basic and forgettable.

15. Her songs are terrible.
    She has good vocal chops but lacks the good taste and control to use them meaningfully.
    Her "my bisexuality was a phase" moment was abhorrent.
    The way she has presented herself on social media is hollow and rather desperate.
    She will sell any brand, any time, making her less like [INSERT YOUR FAVE] and more like Carol Vorderman.

Ugh.

mcuk, collxtion and Mr_Matt like this.
  16. This is it. This is the tea. No taste, no control or willingness to deploy any. Her voice is exhausting.

17. Stream ha.

18. Because she’s awful.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  19. The only time she sounds nice is when someone chops off all her vocal ticks, which she probably thinks is her highest form of talent[insert citation], a la Domino.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.