Jessie J Threatens (Her Voice Is Back) | Page 79 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie J Threatens (Her Voice Is Back)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by sexercise, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Amazing. If this doesn't start smashing soon I'm going to throw a tantrum.

2. She said not today Ms Ritz

tj-x, Yeahyeahyeah, Island and 5 others like this.
  3. The kii is Jessie is actually fangirling over Nicki and Nicki still won't let her have it. It's classic PR spiel, let it be! Nicki truly is an evil human being.

Josh and saviodxl like this.
  4. Poor Jessie ddd

5. Not the re-phrasing that Jessie and Ari deliberately collabed, when we know Ari rejected it first then it got passed to Jessie and Ari demanded to be put back on it when she heard what Jessie had done with it nn

Txetxu and Laurence like this.
  6. Honestly I cannot picture a world where Nicki hears Bang Bang and it immediately goes “omg what a brilliant record, please let me do a verse”, so I’m gonna go with what Mrs. Petty said ddd

chrisconfessed likes this.
  7. Her new song came on a random shuffle event my Spotify was doing and... it slaps a bit.

Daniel L and Mvnl like this.
  8. At the end of the day it was beneficial for all 3 of them at the time but I don’t think anyone else cares about the details of how it all came about so this is quite funny to see.

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Meanwhile, the complete non news of this piece that reads like one of those 'joke news'-tweets:

10. I don’t know on what kind of acid she was when she gave that interview, but her levels of delusion are pretty insane.

Rob likes this.
  11. To me this seems like a case of crossed wires.

Jessie's quote: "Ariana stayed on the second verse, I recorded the first verse, and then Nicki was played it in the studio and was like, 'I've got to jump on this'. We didn't go to her and ask; she wanted to do it."

I don't believe that Jessie intended to imply that Nicki asked to be on Bang Bang... or that it's Nicki herself who searches for songs. Evidently Nicki's problem with what Jessie said is "we didn't go to her and ask" - but I feel like she's misinterpreted Jessie's intended meaning there. Personally I took "we" to mean Jessie and Ariana specifically. "Nicki was played it in the studio" implies that it was the label who brought Bang Bang to Nicki's attention. "'I've got to jump on this'" / "she wanted to do it" i.e. Nicki agreed to be on the song because she was feeling it - the implication being that she could have declined it if she didn't want to do it. I don't see how these words suggest that Nicki searched for the song and asked to be on it.

Nicki was interviewed at the time when Bang Bang was new, and what she said then isn't exactly dissimilar to what Jessie says now. Nicki: "Lo and behold they sent me this song, and both the girls were on it. Normally it takes me a while to decide if I want to get on a song, I'll play it back a lot of times, 10 - 15 times... but this one, I have to admit I played it the first time and I just knew it was special... like, it just felt iconic to me."

Again, the "they" Nicki referred to is surely the label. What she says about hearing it once and deciding she wanted to be on it, that is really no different to "'I've got to jump on this'" / "she wanted to do it".

Maybe I'm naïve but in this instance I don't think Nicki is intending to be mean (her tweet does have a playful tone to it... and from her point of view, she wanted to clear up a perceived misconception) but... ultimately I think Nicki's taken exception to something that Jessie didn't actually say. Hopefully it's something that they can clear up in private (if they feel like it's enough of an issue that they need to clear the air). Some of Nicki's stans are coming for Jessie on Twitter and calling her a liar. I feel bad for her when ultimately she was actually praising Nicki and expressing how elated she was to have her on the song.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  12. Not that post's location being Bang Bang!

Hopefully Jessie acknowledging this and saying sorry (which goes against my earlier rambling, oop x) was the best course of action and there'll be no further drama.

topopMAC1 and boombazookajoe like this.
  13. That she didn't even know Ariana helped write on Bang Bang is bizarre.

Q4Music and boombazookajoe like this.
  14. Ariana isn’t credited as writing the song though so her writing split must have been agreed as a percentage and no credit or of course, there’s been a mistake.

15. kal

kal

All of that was unnecessary.

16. "Or maybe it was when you used me as a stair rail at the AMAs. That was also funny af." but why is she like this!

Verandi and mattieh like this.
  17. I’m just wondering who is the other artist who said it recently Nicki spoke of in her rant.

18. Hdvehsuanagusisoshdydvsysu

19. Not this mess evolving out of an anniversary of a song from the bin. She does the most.
    I just wish we knew what Dark Raider would have to say about all this.

soratami and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.