Jessie Malakouti - White Girl Wasted | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Malakouti - White Girl Wasted

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TeenIdle, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

[​IMG]

Apparently she's ditching the "and the Toyboys" bit and trying to launch herself with her actual name again.

The video for her new single premiered today -

[video=youtube;3f4pqyFHBSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3f4pqyFHBSI#![/video]

2. I loved the "and the Toy Boys" bit, gave her a bit of an edge.
    Not to sold on White Girl Wasted, funny video though but the song drags on a bit.
    I'm still annoyed On With My Bad Self never got a proper release.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  3. She's never going to happen, I feel like she had a real chance after Shut Up Stella broke up when she was trying to make it solo in the US (even if the material was still not that great but it had potential) but then she had that British phase and the basic Toy Boys mess and now it'll always just sound like a bit of a reach.

This new video looks like a Far East Movement tribute to me.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  4. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Not sure if this will get a release either. It's apparently exclusively on Spotify for 3 weeks and then, maybe, an iTunes release?

This is the cover art.

[​IMG]

5. BML

BML

How many pop lives will this girl get?! I think she should have stuck with the Toy Boys as well, because it did help her stand out some and it had already been going on for so long. She also should've done something with the potential smash that was 'Valentine', especially while she was getting that Femme Fatale Tour exposure. Anything!

'White Girl Wasted' is decent enough, I guess. I want to call it predictable but I don't think that's the word I want. It reminds me a lot of 'Bass Down Low'.

6. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

I got to see her do this live last summer. It was fun and the crowd liked it.

7. I really liked the Tan Lines EP. Everything since then has been a bit of a drag.

8. Is she a bit like Neon Hitch?

9. Her Xenomania material (Standing Up For The Lonely, Who's That Man, Jungle Town, Crash Bang Baby) left a bit to be desired but showed signs of being amazing. Shame she isn't working with them more. I wish Xenomania would just start working with everyone again. Sigh.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She's terrible. So is Neon Hitch. There you go.

11. K94

K94

Neon Hitch was trash until she released that EP - she redeemed herself x1000.

12. At least Neon Hitch was good until she started being shit. Jessie has been shit since day one.

13. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Jessie has Money Makes The Girl Go Round, enough to justify her existance.

Neon Hitch has Can't Behave Myself so shes okay too.

14. She has a clutch of good songs, but there is something about her that I just don't think is sellable.

15. I used to unashamedly love Money Makes the Girl Go Round, but this is cack. Why do Kesha songs when even Kesha is flopping?

16. I've always loved Neon, so fuck all of y'all.

Jessie has always been mediocre and semi-awful. I feel like would like this song more if the production were a little better, the bass is lacking. I like her without the stupid mannequins, and the video is more bearable than her others.

17. Ke$ha would never though.

18. She does trashy dance-pop music perfectly. I feel like her chance to get big was with "Push It" but obviously it didn't work out.

19. I loved 'Naughty' and 'Trash Me'. Her ship has sailed it seems but I'm glad she's still trying.

20. Neon Hitch > Jessie Malakouti, Ke$ha

Obviously. I have absolutely no idea why Jessie is still trying although, much like Blob, I guess I appreciate her determination.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.