Jessie Ware - Glasshouse | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - Glasshouse

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is anyone else slightly obsessed with musicians & their handwriting

2. Already there
    https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/glasshouse-deluxe-edition/id1277731802

So all the registered songs made up into the final tracklist, except that one called "Egoista" that I found today on PPL repertoire, maybe it's for some upcoming soundtrack or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    andru, CaliDevotion and Guest member like this.
  3. Thanks! Not available in my country, what's the release date? Sorry if it's been said before!

4. Guest member

Guest member Guest

I'm so ready for this. 20th October can't come soon enough.

5. Alone is also up on Spotify New Zealand already and it's a nice track, but I feel like it's the worst from released ones for me. Not really outstanding track for Jessie.

6. Sam

Sam

How the fuck do I make a New Zealand Spotify account

Guest member likes this.
  7. She's definitely going a lot more Pop with this album. (Curse the day she met Ed Sheeran)

Charmander likes this.
  8. A week after the St. Vincent album! I'm not sure I can cope with all of this pleasure.

9. Sam

Sam

Yaaaaaas

10. Here for her Body Say.

11. RJF

RJF

The new track is very... Westlife, complete with the standing-up-from-stools final chorus.

Nothing's really hit the mark for me from this album.

12. Fucking same and crying.

13. RJF

RJF

Like, everything's just a bit... overwrought and maudlin, but then, I think Tough Love was maybe a little like that too and the stuff from this album has doubled down on that. The slight edge and aloofness she had with the first album is gone; it's pure Heart FM fodder now.

14. "Alone" is nothing new from her. Definitely feels like a "Wildest Moment" counterpart, which makes sense given she co-wrote it with the same collaborator. It's fine, but the other two are much better.

15. I blame motherhood.

16. RJF

RJF

Also, on the radio tonight she said she wasn't allowed to talk about the album release date just before Annie was clearly about to say it. I come in here to find that iTunes has blown the date anyway and it's just over a month away, so... what was the plan? To announce it on Twitter a few hours later instead of national radio?

She also said that she felt the first two albums had been very production led and this time around she wanted to write songs that would also sound good on just a guitar, which felt a little... disingenuous of her to say. The melodies and songwriting in general across both albums are really solid and I would say far stronger than anything we've had from this album so far, so I didn't really get what she meant.

17. She's announcing it tomorrow, seems like iTunes jumped the gun.

18. RJF

RJF

...So the plan really was to announce it on Twitter instead of the biggest radio station in the country? A mess.

19. Motherhood doesn't allow hit albums because that would mean too much touring (Beyoncé is an exception because she clearly evolved into another species that will survive end of humanity).

TRAVVV and sesita like this.
  20. Why promote your music when you have twitter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.