Jessie Ware - That! Feels Good!

he/him
To me Hello Love is terribly sinister. The times I had to listen to it (album launch event included) all that came to my mind was that post about Adele's recent album making a pj poster feel sick. It's both terribly sweet and aggressively hetero. I don't remember Sam's review but I'm ready to bet it's probably his favorite song on the album. But yeah, extremely dark sided to me, maybe because I can't relate to the sugary, rotten content!
Sis, you hating on everything and everyone is a bit iconic at this point.

giphy.gif

He/Him

Ok, her new show for the festivals she’s been doing is GREAT! Love the live productions. Free Yourself live is a masterpiece.

I wish she had added more That! Feels Good stuffy (I mean, when can we have these lips and shake the bottle live?)

Very similar to her set for WeHo Pride from June! She is so incredible live.

He/Him
To me Hello Love is terribly sinister. The times I had to listen to it (album launch event included) all that came to my mind was that post about Adele's recent album making a pj poster feel sick. It's both terribly sweet and aggressively hetero. I don't remember Sam's review but I'm ready to bet it's probably his favorite song on the album. But yeah, extremely dark sided to me, maybe because I can't relate to the sugary, rotten content!

You can’t relate because you’ve never known joy. Xx

he/him
I do agree with all the critiques that it’s not as sprawling or expansive as Pleasure, but it was always an unenviable task to follow that one up. I think it’s testament to her quality control that in the past 3 years we’ve seen upwards of 25-30 tracks, and they’ve been at least 85% and up bulletproof (in my opinion).

That! Feels Gay! definitely doesn’t match the peaks of Pleasure, but it has a lot to say for itself outside of the obvious cig-leaning tracks (which I still love). As noted, Begin Again is peak Jessie, and Hello Love completely outstrips her typical “first dance” ballads of the past which I have mostly found way too saccharine (Say You Love Me, I’m talking to you).

I do think the inevitable deluxe will help to flesh things out and make the record feel less lean, but I also think the next record might be more fairly judged without the weight of following Pleasure on its shoulders. People finding the sound “reductive” or a “re-tread” are valid in their opinions, but I also don’t blame her for leaning further into a soundscape that brought her so much new success. It’s a good launchpad for the next phase of her career.

Ok, her new show for the festivals she’s been doing is GREAT! Love the live productions. Free Yourself live is a masterpiece.

I wish she had added more That! Feels Good stuffy (I mean, when can we have these lips and shake the bottle live?)

I'm so sad I was not smart enough to download the set, not it was removed from Youtube. :(

Did anyone actually get tickets to her intimate session in Melbourne?

The management of the announcement, and the lack of information regarding pre-sales, sales going live was so incredibly minimal...

Did anyone actually get tickets to her intimate session in Melbourne?

The management of the announcement, and the lack of information regarding pre-sales, sales going live was so incredibly minimal...
My best friend and my cousin did.

Poorly organised I agree.
It was meant to go on sale at 9:30am but they didn't send the presale link out until a few minutes after.

My best friend and my cousin did.

Poorly organised I agree.
It was meant to go on sale at 9:30am but they didn't send the presale link out until a few minutes after.
Oh every nice. I will try again tomorrow. Apparently the actual sale starts then.

For a brief period, the website says sold out, so I thought the entire event had sold out - then it said selling fast now...

I signed up for the presale last week and got no confirmation email that I had subscribed, and the only information I could find out about the presale was somewhere in an Instagram comment from Always Live which said that the detail about the presale would be sent out on Monday. Of course the email arrived at 9:32 am while I was on a work call, and it didn't give detail so much as...the actual ticket link. By the time I saw the email at 9:45 am it was sold out.

It's...pretty disappointing as someone that has followed Jessie from virtually day dot that the only ways to see her for her first tour here in nearly 11 years are 1) this very limited, $350 per head "night with Jessie" where she's mostly going to be talking (if the point was for her to do a live podcast, then why not do that at a large venue like they would for a writers' festival or something?), and then 2) a show at a festival which, at this stage, only has one other act announced and which you can't buy tickets for yet - despite Jessie being announced as the headliner almost a month ago.

I would've thought doing shows in large-ish theatres in Melbourne and Sydney, at the very least, would be a no-brainer but alas.

Reactions: eck
I signed up for the presale last week and got no confirmation email that I had subscribed, and the only information I could find out about the presale was somewhere in an Instagram comment from Always Live which said that the detail about the presale would be sent out on Monday. Of course the email arrived at 9:32 am while I was on a work call, and it didn't give detail so much as...the actual ticket link. By the time I saw the email at 9:45 am it was sold out.

It's...pretty disappointing as someone that has followed Jessie from virtually day dot that the only ways to see her for her first tour here in nearly 11 years are 1) this very limited, $350 per head "night with Jessie" where she's mostly going to be talking (if the point was for her to do a live podcast, then why not do that at a large venue like they would for a writers' festival or something?), and then 2) a show at a festival which, at this stage, only has one other act announced and which you can't buy tickets for yet - despite Jessie being announced as the headliner almost a month ago.

I would've thought doing shows in large-ish theatres in Melbourne and Sydney, at the very least, would be a no-brainer but alas.
Yeah, I don't get the logic either. She could easily sell out a show at Forum. I don't even know if she can do a second intimate dinner show, but I had a look around - it was only the pre-sale that sold out I believe, so tomorrow tickets go on sale at 9:30 to the General public. It's also a 4 hour show though..

The details for Summer Camp is out too - it's approx 130 AUD/ticket, and similarly, presale starts tomorrow at 9:30 too; so my aim is to get the dinner - if I can't then I'll resort to the festival.