Jessie Ware - That! Feels Good!

Loving all the Brazilian music shout outs, this really is her Descobridor Dos Sete Mares. The chorus on both songs are so similar.

I don't mind the lack of finesse/elegance in the production, the extra-ness works well with everything else she's trying to convey this era. This may have less brain than What's Your Pleasure but it still has a lot of heart.

I’m kind of annoyed she already spoke of an extended version. At least she was polite enough to warn us but it’s still so… odd.

Anyways, I’m still getting this one because the packaging looks cute and the reissue will probably another monochrome foil atrocity.

This is the best song of the released three - it has charisma, warm tone and lush instrumental, but also it's not too crowded and over-the-top like Pearls was. I guess that we're in for that kind of sound coming from James Ford productions (I also heard Beautiful People and it's definitely in the same lane as Begin Again), and Stuart Price productions will be more... busy joyful.

Odd so many people are saying it is like Santa Esmeralda’s cover of “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” when it sounds closer to Brazilian music from the 60s/70s (the “I work all niiiiight” especially reminds me of “Mas Que Nada” by Sergio Mendes) than the dramatic Flamenco Disco presented in the former. The claps and Spanish guitar are the strongest part of “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” cover’s identity and are just not elements present here.

You're actually right. I'm not sure why it came to my mind - probably just that it's has a 70's brassy disco sound.

Begin Again is incredible! Love the little zoom moment in the video and as always her dancers are phenomenal, such a radiant energy! The horns and Brazilian influence are perfect and give me shades of Glasshouse, definitely the right song to follow Pearls

This does all feel a little Love of Huns; but at the end of the day it all bops & she seems to be in a really great place so fair play to her.

More importantly, I read an interview the other day (I'll post it if I find the link) and she said she was already thinking about the next album and wanted it to be a "big club record" and I am already salivating at the prospect of Jessie on deep house grooves and trance epic's.

A return to some of the harder, more club-focused production of Devotion, but with her newfound expression of her love for camp, and her vocal growth thrown in could really be legendary.

he/him
I was obsessed with Free Yourself last summer and expected to be first to preorder the album. But Pearls and Begin Again just haven’t clicked with me (yet).

I think I’ll be streaming the full record before buying the physicals which I’m sad about as I snapped up every format of WYP (even the foil atrocity).

The heauxmeaux are coming out with the references for this one, so it must be good. And it is!

OIacV59.gif