Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition) | Page 193 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. I meant, like, her mugging the cover of the packet, but yaaaath go off

Kyle. and Mr Blonde like this.
  2. Having thought about this with the seriousness it deserves, here are the twenty best songs of Jessie's career (...so far)

01. Tough Love
    02. Overtime
    03. The Kill
    04. What's Your Pleasure
    05. Remember Where You Are
    06. Keep On Lying
    07. If You're Never Gonna Move
    08. Stay Awake, Wait For Me
    09. Soul Control
    10. Imagine It Was Us

11. Champagne Kisses
    12. Wildest Moments
    13. Save a Kiss
    14. Running
    15. You & I (Forever)
    16. Please
    17. Ooh La La
    18. Your Domino
    19. Save a Kiss (TEEDS remix)
    20. Alone (Toddla T remix)

and

01. What's Your Pleasure?
    02. Tough Love
    03. Devotion
    04. Glasshouse

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Tracy Jacks likes this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Devotion
    What's Your Pleasure
    Tough Love
    Glasshouse

is the correct album ranking, though Platinum Pleasure could help it leap to the top, but the debut is just so remarkable, there's still been nothing really like it since.

4. What's Your Pleasure?
    Devotion
    Tough Love
    Glasshouse

Artemisia and Verandi like this.
  5. Not this low-key having better artwork.

Kyle., Butterfly, rawkey and 8 others like this.
  6. It's out of stock for me but maybe it's because I'm not in the UK (?)

Future Lover likes this.
  7. Say You Love Me belongs on Glass House and that’s all there is to say about that.

8. Please is fantastic. I would say it ranks in the top half of tracks from the original album. I was worried the deluxe tracks would be inessential, but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

tea, K94, roborovsky and 2 others like this.
  9. I don’t think she has a bad, or boring, standard edition track in her entire discography. But I see why people don’t like Glasshouse as much - it’s quite disjointed, with no real genre or feel that runs through the entire record, in the way her other albums create a sonic world that envelopes you for the 40 minutes you’re listening to them. I still enjoy it, but I just see it as a collection of songs rather than a considered cohesive piece.

10. Yeah it seems limited to UK (Europe?). Amazon has blocked international shipping for pre-orders since COVID.

11. I personally love Glasshouse from front to back. I still listen to it like it's a new album. The disdain for it I am always seeing is quite disheartening. Plus I got to see the tour for it and she's probably not headed to the States any time soon, so it holds an extra place in my heart. Side 2 of the first vinyl gets well worn out...Your Domino - Alone - Selfish Love...Gorgeous.

Mr.Arroz, handhugs, tylerc904 and 4 others like this.
  12. Nn why does everyone hate Say You Love Me so much?

13. I think if people didn’t know that Ed Shitstain was involved they wouldn’t have nearly as many issues. It’s a stunning song, to be honest.

14. Wow. She has carved her own lane with seriously great singles that evoke and borrow yet make everything their own - these are bangers now, they still will be in 20 years. That is how you build a canon.

15. and anyone else get a Sugababes-y vibe outta the backing vocals?

Stopremix and Robert like this.
  16. ….if u wanna get in my life! (LIFE!) (life…)
    ….listen always care to play nice! (NICE!) (nice…)
    YOU want yours I gotta get MIIIIIIIIINE!
    I’ll give you the world if you PLEASE MAY! PLEASE MAY!
    We could make it mutual.

[​IMG]

tea, LPT, Mr.Arroz and 20 others like this.
  17. My only main criticism when Glasshouse came out..... that she used a jewel case for the CD instead of sticking with the cardboard sleeves...... I am a sucker for packaging and presentation and it just felt a bit cheap. However, that peach vinyl is stunning.

For me, Glasshouse came at a pivotal time for Jessie. She got married, had a baby and was being asked by the label to be more 'mainstream'. I remember she did an interview and she said that the label wanted her to have a bop so she recorded 'Your Domino' to shut them up.

'Midnight', 'Selfish Love' and 'Love To Love' would have been my 1-2-3 punch. And she sold the hell out of the tracks on tour.

18. What's Your Pleasure?
    Tough Love
    Devotion

Glasshouse

And that's that.

Mr.Arroz, Someboy, RainOnFire and 7 others like this.
  19. W2K

W2K

I think Please is my favourite from this era now. What a bawp.

QueenB, Lapras and Glenolabar like this.
  20. Devotion
    Tough Love/What’s Your Pleasure? (for different reasons)
    Glasshouse

But I love all my children.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.