Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition) | Page 197 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Finally listened to Please

My platinum pleasure is throbbing - she did it again!

LTG, LPT, Bobbyrae and 23 others like this.
  2. What Janet Jackson album is this interlude on?

LTG, LPT, Bobbyrae and 22 others like this.
  3. I’m used to it now but my one tiny criticism when first hearing the song was thinking that her vocals were mixed a bit too low

Stopremix likes this.
  4. Yes, I think you may have hit what was (ever so slightly) bugging me. With her vocals so low in the mix, those very loud, gospel'y background vocals (which, generally, I usually love) are a little jarring and feel a bit too dominant by contrast.

nametag likes this.
  5. Please is the best song of all time.

4Roses, Sam, Mikal and 11 others like this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The way she's achieved this multiple times in her career, a Queen beb x

LTG, 4Roses, FridayNight and 18 others like this.
  7. The fact Please was described as middle tier of the deluxe tracks and it’s still that good. How do you even prepare for what’s next?

LTG, beyoncésweave, LPT and 21 others like this.
  8. A few tickets for the London shows seem to have been made available on Ticketmaster today, in case anyone (like me!) had missed out. Just managed to grab a pair for the Sunday one.

9. Is Jessie performing at The Brits or just nominated? I may be reading too much into her Insta story...(also any excuse to look at Sam!)

13DE38EC-8E35-45AB-B5E7-47CAF53ACF50.jpeg

2014, Bobbyrae, neinzedd and 3 others like this.
  10. She posted a story about “prepping for the Brits” earlier this week so I assume she’s going to be doing something, even if it’s a pretaped performance. I didn’t think the chances of her attending seemed likely considering her pregnancy but it seems otherwise.

Trouble in Paradise and JMRGBY like this.
  11. I wonder if she’ll make it to the US. Has she ever toured here?

Also, does anyone know where I can legally download the singles edits to “Remember” and “Please”?

lushLuck likes this.
  12. She toured all of her previous albums in the US, so I don’t see any reason she wouldn’t do the same for this one. It may just be a bit of a wait.

Stopremix and Shuey like this.
  13. I mean not only is he THAT good looking but he has no issues supporting a thriving professional partner! I’m in love bebs!

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: a Britd performance of Remember Where You Are could be a (GP) star making moment!

14. Imagine a performance of Remember Where You Are (vocals!!) and then remixed a final minute of Please

15. She’s mentioned how she makes absolutely no money from touring the US so I wouldn’t expect it this era ladies.

Runawaywithme, Stopremix and Shuey like this.
  16. Considering the renewed buzz and acclaim she’s received for this era, I just don’t see it not happening. Venues may be smaller, cities may be more selective, and it may be more festivals than one-off dates, but I firmly believe the US will get something.

DJBenW, aaronhansome, 4Roses and 7 others like this.
  17. Let me cross my fingers and toes for you.

18. She also found touring with a baby on the last tour quite difficult. I don’t know how she would feel with a new baby touring round the US.

19. I imagine she'll at least hit a few homosexuelle heavy cities. New York, LA, San Fran.

20. I’ll be at the New York show. I’d love to hear this album live.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.