Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition) | Page 226 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Yikes @ Sam shading Hot N Heavy. You just can’t win them all!

2. The perf was such a delight. She's in her element singing this song, and the edit was actually not too choppy. I wonder if it's tiring to constantly reach new heights? She made the vocal sound casual. Effortless queen.

3. Because soul quality control is sexy!

FridayNight, eddy2375, Mikal and 2 others like this.
    papatrick, 4Roses, neinzedd and 21 others like this.
  5. She really is a gift that keeps on giving. Remember Where You Are has actually become my favourite song on the album.

6. I only received 3 polaroids from her store too, anyone else too? I read it here but can’t find no more

7. Wow. I could listen to her sing all day.

And sometimes do!

4Roses, clowezra, FridayNight and 7 others like this.
  8. Marry him now.

9. 1. Spotlight
    2. What's Your Pleasure?
    3. Ooh La La
    4. Hot N Heavy
    5. Soul Control
    6. Please
    7. Save a Kiss
    8. Overtime
    9. Adore You
    10. In Your Eyes
    11. Impossible
    12. Step Into My Life
    13. Read My Lips
    14. Eyes Closed
    15. Pale Blue Light
    16. Mirage (Don't Stop)
    17. 0208
    18. The Kill
    19. Remember Where You Are

10. Stunning performance!

11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Honestly breathtaking. I really wish she had gotten the opportunity to perform this at the BRITs, I just know it would've been her "Someone Like You" moment.

12. Yes, I'm insane like that.

01- Spotlight
    02- What's Your Pleasure
    03- Ooh La La
    04- Please
    05- Adore You
    06- In Your Eyes
    07- Pale Blue Light
    08- Read My Lips
    09- Soul Control
    10- Hot N Heavy
    11- Step Into my Life
    12- Impossible
    13- Overtime
    14- Save a Kiss
    15- The Kill
    16- Mirage
    17- Eyes Closed
    18- 0208
    19- Remember Where You Are

13. All of y’all not putting Pale Blue Light and Remember Where You Are together. They are perfect sisters.

Staticboombox and CaliDevotion like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I swear to God when I eventually see her perform this live..........life will never be the same.

4Roses, topopMAC1, Lapras and 7 others like this.
  15. As everyone has already pointed out, this Deluxe Edition is yet another triumph with not a single mediocre song. My favorites are Please, Eyes Closed and Pale Blue Light, but each and every song is a winner here.

I know it's usually all about the bops but seeing this Fallon-performance and listening to Pale Blue Light, I just want to stress out how impeccable all these ballads are. In Your Eyes, The Kill, Remember Where You Are and Pale Blue Light are all 10/10, and this after Glasshouse. They all have in common that they start pretty good and just get better and better which each second of their runtime. Yet another massive outro on Pale Blue Light, love it.

mcuk, lushLuck, blaze_dave and 2 others like this.
  16. The main album and also the deluxe so perfectly encapsulate all of the vibes she’s perfected up to now. She’s got the dreamy ballads, the moody midtempos and the all out bops. Whereas her first three albums were predominantly geared into (typically) one of these lanes, her future work continuing to be some combination of the three is sure to spell further AOTY candidates.

She’s really found what works for her and we are lucky enough to bear witness to it. The next album is going #1 Little Warehousers.

17. We’re called Bebs.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  18. Bebs - Sam’s Our Man: The Warehousers Edition

19. Not going for a gay hyperbole here but has she ever sounded better? I honestly don’t think so.

20. HMD

HMD

She just delivers time after time. Queen!

Mister_G likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.