Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition) | Page 230 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? (The Platinum Pleasure Edition)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Finally caught up on the re-release over the last couple of days. After about 2 minutes of Pale Blue Light, I'm thinking this is the song y'all were losing your minds over? To me it sounded like a perfectly produced, inoffensive Alicia Keys'esque Oscar-baity ballad from an inspiring biopic.

And, then... that bridge kicked in and, yeah, I got it. What a knockout.

4Roses, blaze_dave, W2K and 3 others like this.
  2. Much like the tracks on the original album did, all these new songs just continue to grow and grow for me.

Pink Frost likes this.
  3. I am re-obsessed with "Overtime." #Justice4Overtime indeed.

LoveSoSoft, jvckkk, Verandi and 6 others like this.
  4. 3Xs

3Xs

I love the tracklisting but I do think it would have been nice if Overtime was the first track on the deluxe, at least on the digital edition. It would be a cute "now the album is really running into overtime" kinda vibe.

5. CLOSE

[​IMG]

YOUR

[​IMG]

EYES

[​IMG]

neinzedd, LPT, Edu and 21 others like this.
  6. Playing this album/religion in full almost daily, but the weather's turned here, it's rainy and miserable and I'm in such a Tough Love kinda mood.

Keep On Lying (so lush), Champagne Kisses, Cruel, You & I (Forever) (how was this not a hit for her?), Want Your Feeling (bop!), the incredible title track (and its stunning Cyril Hahn remix)... it's a real vibe front to back, but super hooky and accessible too. Vocally I feel she developed a lot on this record. Props also to the bonus tracks, especially Midnight Caller (obv).

The whole thing deserved a lot more attention than I feel it ultimately got.

Uno, eddy2375, Neon Green and 19 others like this.
  7. All the way from 2018 Overtime still slaps soo hard. What a banger

[​IMG]

8. I understand why they went with Say You Love Me as the focus single (despite my general disdain for that song) but also think that it positioned her a bit weirdly for the mainstream - Devotion was all kinds of wonderful yet it wasn’t really on the radar of the GP - so they must have assumed that she was an Ed Sheeran collaborating balladeer (and not that this particular track was actually an outlier).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  9. Jessie Ware Gay Icon

10. It did cross the 100,000 sales mark earlier this month, though - let's celebrate that!

11. Oh my GOD. Gay Twitter remains unrivaled.

12. She’s a part of this record for charity. She’s on the lead single “Lost in LA” with James Vincent McMorrow.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    4Roses, CaliDevotion and sugarcoma like this.
  13. New (I think?) remix of Please. It sounds straight out of the late 90s / early 00s dd, make of that what you will. I'll just scream at that drop.

14. David Jackson is bae, can't wait to hear it!

Mister_G, LPMA and elektroxx like this.
  15. What's Your Pleasure: Neon Nights Edition

16. That remix is gay as hell. I want it playing at my funeral (aptly, since it killed the cig this morning).

Tony Lamezma likes this.
  17. He's also 21.

Verandi likes this.
  18. Record stores near me in the U.S. are actually carrying the Platinum Pleasure vinyl… Now that’s what I call gay rights, my Little Warehouses!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.