Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? | Page 106 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. gosh, i wanna share my love for this album with someone in person, drinking wine, dancing and losing myself in music

[​IMG]

Sam, Trouble in Paradise, Uno and 5 others like this.
  2. Totally agree. I'm not bothered at all by Overtime not making the album. Sounds like Jessie's getting annoyed by it now, dddd. It's called Overtime for a reason, & it's already on vinyl/streaming. What's the big deal. The album's perfect as is.

3. Some tidbits from the listening party (at least from what I caught):

• She’s well aware of her midweeks position ‘and really hopes for UK 3.’ She doesn’t believe she can beat HAIM’s numbers but ‘maybe can contend with old Bobby boy’. Queen.
    • The chatroom was flooded with Overtime mentions. She was ironically fuming (ironically for now ddd the trolling will get tiring soon) ‘it’s on vinyl, you can still play it, you will hear it live, it wasn’t right for this’
    • Re: the white vinyl being shipped: ‘Oh beb i dunno’ It’s so her, I screamed.
    • The songs she’s looking forward to perform the most are the title track and ‘Remember Where You Are’ in Diana Ross style while geting us hold hand with the person next to us. Thinks she’ll say goodbye to suits this time
    • Still loves Glasshouse (never said she didn’t)
    • Thinks ‘Love To Love’ is a tune. She appreciated the ‘First Time’ love too.
    • She was asked about potencial merch, then asked us about merch ideas. She liked the ones about silk pyjamas (that was mine!) and ‘What’s Your Pleasure? condoms

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 7:11 PM
  4. The asterisks mean it’s a new entry, Jessie should have one, no idea why she doesn’t.

5. I'm so happy that she's holding in the top 3. Hopefully all the new fans talking about loving the album actually go buy it to help support her.

6. Going to go and suggest this was birthed entirely into the cultural lexicon by Pulp Fiction.

Really hope beb can hold on for a top 3 finish! Haim, Jessie and Khruangbin in this weeks top 5 is very iconic.

7. Just been looking on her webstore.... the cassette has been reduced from £9.99 to £5.00.... ordered it!

Thats another sale for the chart position.

Also, the black vinyl, cd and cassette bundle is down to £25 if anyone wants a bargain...

https://shop.jessieware.com

8. And the white vinyl seems to be back, even though it says sold out.

Euphoria, Mikal and blaze_dave like this.
  9. [​IMG]

10. Scream at him wanting a pumped-up remixed Adore You. Also taste at him saying that the title track is the best from the album. It's nice to see the reaction of a straight man to this gay album. I still remember him dragging Alone sksksksk

"Well done Jess" AWWWWWW

11. I think she must have felt some backlash, but the pain came from the tour itself. She ended up losing money, low ticket sales, and the Coachella show was a disaster and barely anyone attended because Cardi was playing at the same time. She also was a new mom and hated being on the road, it was a culmination of things. I feel like she needed some time away to rekindle her love for music, and the podcast certainly helped refocus.

12. Sam is sooo attractive. But he gives the album a 9? 9??? It’s a clear 10 Samuel! Divorce him!

13. Banquet Records still have the white vinyl (and you can get access to an exclusive Zoom by ordering it from them too)

14. He's a personal trainer, he's pushing her to do even better! The mind of a mastermind.

15. They're a dream couple!
    Also, third critique? I know he'd done the review of Glasshouse, never heard of any previous reviews.

Antony85 likes this.
  16. Wait at Sam being... genuinely funny and quite adorable? Maybe not all straight men are terrible! Jess keeps winning.

17. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'm screaming at him saying Remember Where You Are sounds like an Aquafresh advert while also giving it a 10/10 and saying it's her best song ddd

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Jessie is truly giving us everything we want this era - I don't know anyone better.

19. This album is like a religious experience, everything fits together so perfectly.
    She really did THAT with the title track didn't she?
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.