Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. ‘Selfish Love’ is so good though.

I’d definitely like a more...electronic....direction again though.

evilsin, Future Lover, sesita and 9 others like this.
  2. The second album was balls. Glasshouse is brilliant. Devotion was brilliant (apart from bloody "110%" or whatever it's called this week). So more of that, please, Jessie, ta.

3. Yeah, smooth house/rnb bops... that would be nice.

sesita, Trouble in Paradise and Ferk like this.
  4. oh Jessica, I'm so sorry sweetie

Ferk likes this.
  5. If You're Never Gonna Move is genius!

6. She was low key a mess for me last era. Are we forgetting the deliciously awkward and extra response to Pitchfork rightfully scalping Divide for all the correct reasons?

(2:35 onwards for anyone curious nn)

Future Lover, Euphoria and Verandi like this.
  7. Jessie releasing her weakest album up to that point and at the same time stanning the evil redhead. Are the two things connected? I believe yes.

8. I mean Pitchfork can be extra but there were no lies detected in any part of their Divide review.
    *Raven voice* The songs were shit, the melodies were shit, the lyrics were shit. He's shit.

evilsin, sesita, Jwentz and 5 others like this.
  9. Jessie has not delivered a bad album. Ever!!
    Yes the debut was more "popjustice" I suppose, and is my favourite out of the three but the second album is that good Radio 2 relationship album.
    Glasshouse is more pensive and slightly removed from the world, but it's still sublime pop and better than a good 90% of the music released that year.
    She's a class act.
    I legit have Jessie under my belt as a lifetime bankable act. She's so brilliant and I think she'll grow and grow and grow, but she's a bit more Jessie tortoise than Jessie Hare.

I'm stoked that new material is coming and I hope this signals another album rather than a one off collab.

10. Ooh, it properly winds me up. And completely kills the mood on that first album. Luckily the rest of it is SO GOOD that I can handle it.

11. ‘Love To Love’ from the last album is so lush. It’s damn near a hate crime it was relegated to bonus track status.

12. It's easily her best, if you ask me.

13. The first two albums are both so perfectly realized that it’s hard for me to choose a favorite but she absolutely nailed her sound on Tough Love. It was an almost perfect blend.

14. Yeah - title track alone makes it a must.

15. I really tried. I really, really tried. But it didn't work for me at all, and I wasn't sure about picking up Glasshouse. That is, until I heard Midnight. Great album.

16. Less cheetos, more beat-os.

17. Apart from the last one!

FridayNight, Jwentz, Sam and 3 others like this.
  18. It's a bottle of wine and candles with your partner kinda record. Great for Sunday mornings too.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  19. My diet plan

20. I thought I had it on the deluxe of ‘Tough Love’ but seems I was wrong!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.