Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure? | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Overtime is fantastic.

Ferk, FINISH LINE and 2014 like this.
  2. Y'all act like Glasshouse was a Britney Jean level catastrophe. Yes, Sam was dreadful, Alone was cute but a bit basic, but everything else was pretty stellar. Midnight was incredible, Selfish Love was GLORIOUS, and we can't forget sexy slow jams like Stay Awake Wait For Me, Finish What We Started, and Love To Love.

But yes, Tough Love is hands down her masterpiece thus far.

This song has my curiosity piqued. I like the idea of the song and song as a directional to where the next era is heading more than the actual song itself, but I'm still excited.

3. Wow, very impressive single. Well DONE.

4. I love this! This so different from "Glasshouse" and from everything she has done - even the first album and her collaborations with SBTRKT and Disclosure - but at the same time you can feel that this is definitely her. She surprises me with every era and I couldn't be happier! We're probably gonna have to wait a while before getting an album but if this is the direction she is taking, it's probably gonna be worth the wait. As much as I love "Glasshouse" (yes, you read right), I've wanted for Jessie to go back to her electronic R&B roots and Sade-esque songs for a little while so I couldn't be happier!

Ferk, Trouble in Paradise and mdl like this.
  5. This is amazing.

Ferk likes this.
  6. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I LOVE this. It reminds me a little of the objective song of the year Accelerate with those synths.

Ferk and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  7. Ooooh yass that part had me
    [​IMG]

Overtime is so good upon first listen. It brings back the dark and sensual vibes that Glasshouse was missing entirely.

8. Oh wow, this is legitimately amazing.

The melody during ‘Moving in the dark, we ain't never gonna stop‘ just right before chorus is everything.

Ferk likes this.
  9. One of those songs that destroys you the moment you press play! 2018 won't let up!

Verandi and Ferk like this.
  10. Oh wow... oh WOW...

[​IMG]

Homegirl better summon some demons with those post-chorus chants.

11. I love this! Really glad she's doing this kind of music

12. "I could drink you up like summer lemonade" is such a magical, visual lyric.

4Roses, Slice of Life, sesita and 5 others like this.
  13. Sam

Sam

Well, she did it. The production is muddy in all of the right ways. Fucking stellar.

Ferk likes this.
  14. A return to form.

Slice of Life, Ferk and Sam like this.
  15. Although I really enjoyed the first two Glasshouse singles, I wasn't really invested in the record. 'Overtime' however is exactly what I wanted from her ever since 'Imagine It Was Us' came out. Pre-chorus, chorus, post-chorus, she is really serving the hooks this time!

hamicle and Eel_Ssab like this.
  16. I love pretty much everything she's done and Overtime is no different. What a BOP.

Slice of Life, evilsin, 2014 and 6 others like this.
  17. American Vandal season 2 out now on Netflix

Jwentz, inevitable and Heartthrob like this.
  18. I’m so obsessed with this. It fits in with her earlier work while still managing to be new for her...she’s never quite gone this hard before. I know it’s just a standalone single at the moment but I hope we get a video. And if this is really the direction she’s going in, I hope the album is out as soon as possible. She’s always had it in her to deliver an amazing house inspired album...I hope this is it.

19. This is very... gay Halloween music. Kim Petras whomst?

FridayNight, Vyrisus, TRAVVV and 6 others like this.
  20. Island

Island Staff Member

George Maple found dead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.