Jessy Lanza - Oh No (2nd album) | The Popjustice Forum

Jessy Lanza - Oh No (2nd album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by backstreetjoe, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Stumbled across this by total accident. Album is out this week. Found her on Facebook and there is a link to an interview saying Janet Jackson's Janet album was a big influence on her. For me this track reminds me of both Roisin Murphy and Nite Jewel which is fine with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3DRiZ8q9KU

2. Plenty of people here will love this... Jessie Ware, ramped up with a dash of Roisin/Crazy P? Sweet vocals, electronic soul, dark and dubby beats and downbeat disco vibes. Really quite special. Album is nicely packaged in a simple black/white digipak with a lovely minty green inner... looks and sounds the business for me right now. Anyone else enjoying?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/pull-my-hair-back/id685744479

3. So pleased I'm not on my own with this, at last!

4. The album is all sorts of spectacular, one of my top 5 releases of the year.
    Very sexy, very sensual, I agree with the Jessie Ware comparison.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  5. ops

ops

Really great album. Think Fuck Diamond is my favourite, but it's hard to say because it's so consistent throughout - and without ever feeling samey.

6. Fantastic album! Interviewing her next week about the album.

7. Seriously can't get enough of this, so fucking amazing.

8. It's a gem alright. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.

9. That was a great read, thanks!

10. Great interview and still mad about this album. She's playing London and Manchester dates in November.

11. A&E

A&E

12. One of my albums of the year!

13. Wait, the free single slays.

14. The entire album slays.

15. I'm listening to it now and I'm not so sure about that. The production is nice and all but she doesn't do much with it. There's nothing for me to latch onto.

Eh, maybe I need to listen more.

16. And I'm not seeing the Jesus Ware qualities in her music, either.

17. Am in getting dangerously close to overplaying this album - it's freaking awesome. Just totally sleek, and gorgeous and classy and amazing.
    Definite Jesse Ware vibe - dark electro r'n'b with cut glass vocals.

Thankfully there's a lot of this about - really getting into the Phlo Finster EP, and SKA, FKA Twigs, Kid A and Kelela all have their moments too.
    But it's all about Jessy Lanza, she just has the edge.

18. Anyone going to see Jessy in Sheffield or Leeds this week? I am heading to Leeds.

19. A&E

A&E

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.