Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 194 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. What Jesy thinks her career progression is

Elysium, nooniebao, Daszek and 3 others like this.
  2. So, in all seriousness, do you think there is anything Jesy can really do to fix everything that has happened and gain back some of the goodwill? Or is she done forever? An apology doesn’t seem like it would even help at this point

3. I think an apology specifically to Leigh-Anne for the comments in the Instagram live would probably help her case a bit... And a strong exfoliation.

Inky, myblood, Bobbyrae and 67 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]

lushLuck, Macsun, Bobbyrae and 17 others like this.
  5. Single 2 is going to be her with no makeup on singing about her mistakes, isn’t it?

6. I am biracial, no matter what they say...

7. I suspect there will be some damage limitation done if she gets an interview and a not so blackfishing performance. They are probs my scouting for white male dancers right now.

Elysium and girlsaloudjunkie like this.
  8. At this point is kinda obvious that what she will do to change the situation will not be genuine. If she will do anything at all.

slaybellz likes this.
  9. I am howling at Zach Campbell saying “Taylor Swift is the last white woman that just wants to be white.” Ddddd.

10. Single 2

AllRed likes this.
  11. Tune

girlsaloudjunkie and neinzedd like this.
  12. Poor her! She’s been envisioning this performance since her early hood days in Romford.

Wishlight, Elysium, ItBeats and 8 others like this.
  13. Wouldn't that make it worse? Basically showing the people she loves black culture but won’t hire black male dancers? It’s also a weird damage control tactic to have her dance to this US Hip-Hop early 00s inspired mess with just white dancers.

blaze_dave and Daszek like this.
  14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

She pretty much backed herself into a 'can't win' corner now hasn't she?
    Anything she'll do next will either scream 'damage control!' or 'she's just making it worse'

sesita, Wishlight, Elysium and 10 others like this.
  15. And she fully got into that situation by herself and I honestly hope that it finally gives her some food for thought…

16. This kinda vibe

[​IMG]

17. We don’t have the same definition of breaking news…

18. Probably to just ease up on the blackfishing and acknowledging it, by apologising to Leigh-Anne.

I would also try and send another buzz single to quickly steer away from the Boyz controversy.

19. The thing is, I'm not sure her team is too worried about it as long as the numbers remain steady. I was expecting the song to plummet across the board given the reaction in here but in the UK it's still sitting at #5 on iTunes, #8 on Apple Music, and it moved up to #16 on Spotify today. What's hard to tell is if the controversy is working to her advantage, or if the majority of people just don't care or know about any of this. I'd imagine it's a mix of the two.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.