Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 210 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. What... is she even gonna talk about on Graham Norton? Without discussing either the mess of the past few weeks (because it's not usually that kind of show) or Little Mix, what does she actually have to discuss?

2. She’ll probably just do the song at the end and have a quick interview rather than be part of the main segment of the show.

blaze_dave and DoggySwami like this.
  3. so I just checked and Hair Down is still available on Spotify here in Ireland and I am bopping, thanks for the reminder girlies

Wishlight, Laurence, Rob and 17 others like this.
  4. It will be the same old soundbites we've been hearing for months - how much happier she is now she's left the group and is free to be 'herself'. I imagine they'll concentrate mainly on the music as that's *slightly* less likely to veer into messy territory, so we'll probably hear some vague statements about how she's just having fun in the studio and isn't sure about an album yet etc.

5. By his own admission Graham Norton isn't a confrontational interviewer. It just isn't that type of show.

6. Still on Apple Music in Ireland too. Mollie serving the Irish with a noisy bop.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  7. ADM

ADM

Unsurprisingly, DM have that “Jesy finds sanctuary in the studio after a difficult week in blackfishing row” with Leigh-Anne in the sub-photo. It’s really giving poor white girl made feel bad by a former band mate and women of color during her big release week..

londonrain and Stopremix like this.
  8. I ran to make sure I could still download my purchase from iTunes after reading it’s disappeared. A huge Florrie bop!

PeterC101 likes this.

9. The font for 'Hair Down' being the same as the Jesy Nelson single logo...

lushLuck, sesita, TRAVVV and 18 others like this.
  10. Her and her team are dumb as fuck. This whole release has become a snake eating itself and they’re STILL playing the white victim card?! Saying how HARD it was for her when Leigh’s been on the receiving end of harassment and bullying while she laughed with Mrs. Petty?! And then name dropping Olivia Rodrigo AS IF Boyz by is anything on par with Drivers License (or anything from sour, for that matter). There are no redeeming factors here.

Any good PR person would advise her to make a formal apology to Leigh Anne and the public for her actions and then lay low for a while, but it’s obvious she’s too dumb to realize that (and loves the publicity) and has people around her validating her blackfishing.

Like others have said, I don’t see how she can come back from this. Her name is now forever associated with black fishing.

inevitable, Florencia. and Contrail like this.
  11. Not to give that person any visibility but apparently that clout chasing "influencer" is ranting about Leigh.

Imagine getting worked up over something you created to get clout and now exposing your anti blackness and misogyny cause you're not getting the attention you were craving.

And Jesy is running with this victimhood tour to deflect/excuse the blackfishing.
    I never imagined things to turn out this badly for a solo debut.

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I fully support Mollie King pulling a Phil Collins on this thread dddd.

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 32 others like this.
  13. Mollie King is just Jesy Nelson for people whose Ava Max is Natalia Kills and Ed Sheeran is Phil Collins.

lushLuck, sesita, TRAVVV and 6 others like this.
  14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

[​IMG]

All I can conclude from this is that Mollie does not deserve this slander.

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 64 others like this.
  15. Yeah I would not be surprised at all if she pulled out either. She has nothing to gain by performing on there, it wouldn't give the song much of a second life.

2014 likes this.
  16. How do you even recover from release week alone. This has to be the most embarrassing career launch... ever?

17. Can't they all just get in a room and talk it out? Find a resolution, come together and learn from all this shiz for everyone's sake. I don't think anyone wants to see them all fall out.

18. She kept going on about how excited she was to perform the song and I believe she is rehearsing this week for a performance? Unsure if it’s Graham Norton or not, but I don’t see her dropping out, as much as she should.

19. You really think it's that simple? If it could've been talked out, it would've happened years ago when Leigh and others broached the topic. Jesy still doesn't understand why she's in the wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.