Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 212 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. NPR really said, "we're also here for mess"

[​IMG]

sesita, Jonathan27, dvno and 74 others like this.
  2. Camilla means stretcher in Spanish... how apt

[​IMG]

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 26 others like this.
  3. She’s not big enough to be given a slot during the main show, she’ll just perform at the end and Graham will ask her about the single and that will be it. There’s no way the BBC are going to allow questions about blackfishing and appropriation on their primetime feelgood Friday night talkshow.

XXX, nooniebao, scottdisick94 and 9 others like this.
  4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I’m perched to see how she’ll present the song visually for the first time dd.

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

At this point her best bet is to go full Sia and show up in a wig with her face hidden for the whole performance.

6. It really does come off more like blackface than blackfish, no? Not just the physical modifications, but the clothes, the AAVE, the message.

The taboo line might be the most egregious part of the whole package. Straight out of the 1800s with that one.

7. It’s borderline Gwen’s Harajuku Girls level of cringe.

8. What she's doing is a full on minstrel act. Beyond darkening her skin, she's blown up her lips, and is wearing textured hair? What is that? It's kind of funny how Iggy Azalea got dragged several years ago and effectively ended her career for doing much less, and everyone in Jesy's camp still decided to move forward on this. Truly boggling the way the white mind works.

Jonathan27, tea, nooniebao and 38 others like this.
  9. Queens of product placement and fluorescent lighting:

How to sample a song and do it well:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  10. NPR dragging the song on the first day this week where it felt like the attention on Jesy shifted because of Adele's release.
    [​IMG]

11. If you've reached the point where NPR is dragging you then you should probably just retire. Get that FashionNova Instagram sponsorship and move on with your day.

12. [​IMG]

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 38 others like this.
  13. My boyfriend read me that NPR review while I was having my tea and I almost choked because I was laughing so hard. Gah, nothing like a good, relentless dragging to nourish the soul!

14. I think a mod accidentally edited this in instead of quoting? It's If This Is Love (samples Yazoo's Situation).

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Just checked and it was @Mvnl who edited it instead of replying. I’ve reverted your post now.

16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah, sorry bout that, no clue how it happened..

17. Oh, it's fine; it amused me.

18. Dd that post also made me think of this!!

Pretty Places likes this.

19. Damn, double homicide.

20. Mean Girlz? On my Popjustice? It's more likely than you think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.