Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 214 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. ADM

ADM

Fixed it for you xo

inevitable, VivaForever and Jones322 like this.
  2. [​IMG]

(Watch "missed the Billboard Hot 100" get added to the list tomorrow ddd)

3. Yeah, it really turned around for her the next day on Spotify. I didn’t have a lot of faith in the general public to care about what was going on but I’m glad they did.

4. And just to make that pill even sweeter - the Little Mix and Anne-Marie track is one place above at 18.

5. Why are all these artists unfollowing her like it personally affected them? That’s strange to me.

6. Maybe when she see all the people she ‘admires’ unfollow her, she’ll get the picture?

myblood, Jonathan27, ItBeats and 19 others like this.
  7. It’s almost as if anti-Blackness upsets people who are Black and people who care about Black people.

Thais, McQueer, Eskapism and 146 others like this.
  8. Sam

Sam

??? maybe people just don’t want to be following a racist

9. Mollie’s failed intro ad-lib, legends only.

inevitable, Elysium, Verandi and 4 others like this.
  10. it’s probably in the same way that many of us have unfollowed and these people can also see right from wrong. I also think coming across as a not very nice person hasn’t done her any favours either.

11. Out of second-hand embarrassment at the very least.

12. I'm still not convinced that they actually do. I hope that's played a part in it, but it's probably more to do with the song being...well, a bit crap.

1outside likes this.
  13. Outside of the natural curiosity of a girl group member going solo, the public probably only checked it out because they saw the discourse around the single, plus it has Nicki. Basically Jesy wasn’t really the biggest draw here.

myblood, inevitable, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  14. Some are people just following so that it looks good for them but others were probably genuinely bothered by what she’s doing or insulted by it.

It’s also still available to purchase on US iTunes. I feel like it was left up because no one was here for it in the first place so why bother removing it.

It truly is awful.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  15. It just means the song’s a dud, since I doubt the public have to consciously stop themselves from playing it on repeat so as to not support her.

16. Because they also released she unfollowed them when she decided to only follow Nicki and Diddy?

TRAVVV and londonrain like this.
  17. Oh yeah. That’s a good reason. Although she did it in a way that it was not really directed at anyone individually. Including Little Mix! But still that’s a good reason. It puts me off when I see a big IG account only following 1 person or 2. Rightly or wrongly I assume arrogance and pretentiousness for that person. Sometimes that’s enough for me not to follow them. Hey, I can be petty.

mi|kshake and neinzedd like this.
  18. I expected a drop in the mids but not down to #19! Yikes. With the rate its bombing on Spotify (#45) it'll be very interesting to see where it lands on Friday.

She was out last night in London and still looks extremely dark.. she really doesn't give a fuck. The Graham Norton performance will be the final nail in the coffin unless she severely alters her costume.

19. Pop Justice.

inevitable and shindymindy like this.
  20. It gets more tragic with every passing minute, and she only has herself to blame.

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.