Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Obviously Jesy was my girl but something still doesn’t sit right with me with this. More so if she does release around the girls 10th anniversary. Really trying to get on board but I can’t stand it when any popstar leaves a group and claims they are “now making the music they have always wanted to make”, “this will be unexpected”, etc, etc.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  2. Scream at the messiness and meltdowns if she actually goes through with the Little Mix 10 year anniversary release date. Let me put my popcorn in the microwave.

3. I just read that the anniversary is on 19th of August fffffff

Surely she's not THAT petty.

Dynamo likes this.
  4. I came here to talk about the blackfishing, but I’m glad people have brought it up already. Not the grills, sis. She looks ridiculous.

5. I'm not here for the blackfishing. You can be white and make R&B music without it and still feel authentic - see: JoJo

6. Got this vibes

7. Her new Instagram profile photo looks like Beyonce ddd.

8. She could've used the past six months to do some soul searching, listen to the very correct criticism of how she's been styled, and switched up her image for a new start rather than.. doubling down on it.

9. Yeah this is going to be messy and the date isn't even the biggest problem.

superultra, Dijah., 4Roses and 12 others like this.
  10. nn I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to remind myself she's a white girl from Romford watching that video.

11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

My head already jumped to Messy Nelson, but yeah.. this doesn't look great

12. No one was expecting cheap trap beats and clearance rack Sean Jean?

eatyourself, Dijah., Patriku and 9 others like this.
  13. It’s the Xtina wig and fake lip piercing for me. Gurl get ya own style.

Kii obviously I love Jesy but nothing excites me about this…. yet. She looks stunning though.

14. The grills….and the gesture too.. she really learned nothing. Not that I expected her to.

Dijah., wodny, spaceship and 3 others like this.
  15. This looks like a mess. Let me give the “Watch Thread” button a click.

16. Everything about this release seems so messy and misguided. She and her team really should have thought things through, I just don't see all this leading into a successful/sustainable solo career.

17. Wanted to be excited for her but this blackfishing has killed it for me. Fool me once,...

18. No, she doesn't look stunning. She looks ignorant and condescending! I wish her well and I do get why she left the band, but apart from the ongoing blackfishing I don't like the tone she's approaching this whole going solo thing with at all.

SMG, Enrique Garcia and Accelerate04 like this.
  19. Jesy deciding on the theme for her solo era.

Mikl C, Vixen, berserkboi and 39 others like this.
  20. It’s frustrating that while she was in LM, the girls were always so supportive of her and made loving yourself and body positivity and speaking out against critiques of female bodies so important to their message, and yet, here she was in a girl group with two women of color, one of which made a documentary about racism, and yet she simply seems to have … never gotten even a small bit of the point? I so desperately want for her to learn and know better and move beyond this. She’s extremely talented snd generally likable and deserves success. But it’s hard to ignore some things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.