Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 221 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. I think she'll get a 2nd single out. I just think it will be a significantly smaller budget affair and it won't happen until after January when the dust has settled a little on Boyz and she slightly rebrands.

However, since her and her teams attitude seems to have been to double down and all press is good press, I could be totally wrong and she'll release a single in 3 weeks that samples Hot In Herre.

2. I am! gettin' so hot! I'm gonna sweat my tan off!

Blond, Vixen, Sprockrooster and 88 others like this.
  3. I actually hate her delivery of the verses on Boyz, it sounds like someone is parodying Jesy.

facesincondensation and Daszek like this.
  4. She'll definitely get a second single, it charted at #4 and as much as I hate to admit it the second week drop isn't as bad as some people are making out, it's pretty much a standard second week drop for Little Mix.

Lapras, singabob, JMSinc and 2 others like this.
  5. Like it or not, one week at #4 still makes it a top 5 hit, it's no different to pop acts with a loyal fanbase back in the days scoring a top 10 single that dropped off the top 40 by the next week. It still looks good enough on press releases and not exactly a commercially unsalvageable situation for her & the label.

singabob, JMSinc and YourLeadSinger like this.
  6. Or as NPR would say, Camila Cabello.

7. There should be one of those Twitter accounts that just tweets the NPR story once a day.

BadBoy, TrixieVillaintina and Daszek like this.
  8. whew

9. Xtina at Etta James funeral <3

10. A second single is almost guaranteed. Anything after that is less so, though. The fact that she said there’s no album planned makes me think Polydor might not want much to do with her for too long.

VivaForever likes this.
  11. RMK

RMK

Polydor is probably doing the basic go-around today, which is seeing if there's enough traction to shell out for an album, rather than a short form project. Even Olivia Rodrigo said 'SOUR' was slated as an EP before the virality.

12. I know who else got a second single...
    [​IMG]

13. I'm guessing a ballad with a black and white sepia tone video, a chart placement of #18 in the UK only (at best), and the label jumping ship.

14. I’m not sure making the orange oranger is the winning option here.

Vixen, lushLuck, Attis and 19 others like this.
  15. Eazy on Me

16. I think she'll be white for the next video!

17. Black and white studio video shoot next. Minimal makeup, plain white t-shirt, etc..

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

A solo version of this video concept, perhaps?

19. I'm thinking an emotional "one take" video. Jesy sitting on a stool, doing her best to come off as heartfelt and emotional.

Vixen, POPGASM, nooniebao and 8 others like this.
  20. Don’t forget the tears!

If You Go and Rafa_el like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.