Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 226 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Her sister went off on Instagram earlier. I’m not sure why she’s dragging it when there hasn’t been public drama in about a week? And Leigh hasn’t even said anything about it directly? And the repeated use of the word “bully” yuck.

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

She's turned comments off on the post. What a surprise.

So of course the Mixers have just started commenting on the preceding post instead.

3. The amount of goodwill she has had (considering everything) is fucking huge. This idea that the whole world has been on her back attacking her for no reason is an absolute pile of guff. She could literally make a few changes and she would have a sizable fanbase behind her. But she won't so she hasn't.

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Well, I, for one, am stunned that a white woman has responded to accusations of racism by behaving as if the person being accused of racism is the real victim. Stunned, I tell you.

5. This is the definition of picking the wrong hill to die on. Somehow her family is making things worst for her.

6. That's how the original video is

Almond likes this.
  7. Jesy J if you will.

megaudc, Wishlight, Elysium and 6 others like this.
  8. I swear Jesy believes only she suffered abuse during her time in the band, she truly doesn't even acknowledge Leigh's struggles.

9. She said she filmed it in person with him but because she didn’t have the full look that day, she only opted to stay silent and use the previously filmed footage of her at the door.

Which is… odd that she couldn’t get hair and makeup together for a reshoot.

myblood, megaudc, Truce and 7 others like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Maybe she ran out of bronzer and didn’t want to risk looking white for the reshoot?

11. I’m genuinely starting to think this, I also think her and her family thought all her issues would disappear once she left the group but the industry is the industry and the sole focus is now on her and her alone. I just knew this would happen as soon as she was talking about being compared to the girls, I knew that would be the least of her problems once she launched a solo career.

12. I'm low key surprised the rehearsals are still going ahead. I was hoping after all the backlash she'd take a step back and the team would do a a rethink. I fear the performance...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Wishlight, shindymindy and PopCrushed like this.
  13. Ugh, she is just making it worse. Jesy is such a hypocrite. She had the nerve to be an advocate for mental health, while allowing one of her fellow band mates to be targeted like this. All this talk about wanting to educate, when she still wants to remain so ignorant about blackfishing, and racism.

All I have to say is they are LUCKY Leigh Anne has been quiet. She has been such a great friend to this woman for years. Trying to teach her in private, instead of publicly putting her on blast (which she had every right to). Grow up, and LEARN Jesy. If you bothered to listen to Leigh Anne in the first place, you would not be in the situation you are in. Take some responsibility!!

14. Yeah... The whole situation is just

15. It so disappointing that Jesy considers Leigh to be a “bully” after it seemed Leigh showed her nothing but love.

Not for nothing but I think that Jesy might’ve been a bit jealous of Leigh, underneath it all. Her lack of defense of her “sister” Leigh after that live (and obviously her laugh), and for people around her to posting shit so damn late makes me feel like she has some resentment or something else towards Leigh.

londonrain likes this.
  16. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

...has anything she's done shown even the slightest hint that she's been listening?

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

not this being real

And the doctor that did A'whora's work follows her too.

18. It's giving me GCSE drama improv.

19. The like/dislike ratio this has on YouTube is wild. I can't believe they're going to continue promoting this song. I wish her... not even an ounce of luck. Maybe a gram.

20. I'm not in the slightest bit surprised, sadly. I think she and her team are completely steeped in denial that she's done anything wrong, to the extent that they actually see her as the victim in all this. She won't back down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.