Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 249 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Even Mollie King got a second single so I’d assume we’ll get that, but I doubt it’ll make anywhere near as much noise as ‘Boyz’ did without the Nicki feature/controversy and post-LM interest.

2. She’ll release another single in January that’ll peak around #35 then she’ll sign up for next years I’m a Celeb.

nooniebao, Florencia., Kyle. and 32 others like this.
  3. That chart run is giving me 2003/4. Which is fitting for her sound.

VivaForever, DoggySwami and Sugaboy like this.
  4. I'm calling I'm a Celeb 2023. Her pride will hold out for a bit, but I think she's well and truly blown any chance of a successful solo career now. It's sad because all the ingredients were there - great voice, great dancer, stage presence for days - but she really has fucked it up spectacularly.

5. I randomly heard this on KIIS FM tonight to my surprise and I hadn't heard it like since it came out. I forgot how horrid a use of a great sample this song is.

6. I hated the song when I first heard it, due to mostly watching it with that awful music video. But I heard it for the first time the other day on loud speakers and it actually clicked. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the song is catchy and not that bad as people make it out to be. Yes it’s not great or amazing, it’s very dated, but it’s a decent simple pop urban song. The only let down is the video, the campaign, the attitude, and the awful Nikki slam video we saw.

I hope single number 2 can be a reset, but she has a lot of work to do having upset and offended a lot of people.

7. a career reset?

8. This... help

Jacques, nooniebao, Vixen and 29 others like this.
  9. I think the ongoing backlash is a bigger issue than Boyz underperforming, to the extent that I think it's soured her relationship with key industry heads. It's not a coincidence that Radio 1 dropped the song after just 3 weeks and haven't played it since, it also bombed down Hot Hits UK as soon as she made the 6 o'clock news for bullying Leigh Anne with Nicki. She's a lightning rod for bad press and social media lights her ass up anytime she posts. There doesn't seem to be anything commercially viable here.

I imagine her future at the label will be dictated by the performance and reception of the next single.

nooniebao, Vixen, Florencia. and 18 others like this.
  10. I don’t think she deserves a successful solo career.

I don’t think she ever deserves to return to Little Mix.

As someone else pointed out, it sucks because so many of us were on her side for so so long but she really blew it, in my eyes.

11. So... everything?

tea, Vixen, AmericanMoney and 51 others like this.
  12. Yes, let’s hope she releases a great next single so everyone can forget all the toxic shit she’s said and done.

Can we lock this thread already?

13. I still want Mollie's album to leak. I would gladly take it over whatever this is.

14. Why lock it when people want to discuss her, as well as a place for some of her fans. You can always ignore the thread you know? Easy!

Dangerous Maknae and Juango like this.
  15. From the shit I’ve seen she doesn’t have that many!

16. I’m pretty sure everything that needs to be said about her already has been said. People don’t want to discuss Jesy, we’re actively having to discuss her problematic attitudes which are more than prevalent in society, because some of us are actually affected by these issues.

It may be easy for people unaffected by racism directly to just choose to ignore something, but many don’t have that privilege. We can ignore the music (like the UK public itself has done) but we can’t ignore the actual trauma, embarrassment and manipulation surrounding the situation.

17. I feel like we should focus on some real talent

18. YOU, Jesy Nelson, JESY NELSON came 4th on the singles charts I could not beLIEVE it.

19. I know that's right!

20. I sensed Natalia Kills stanning and came as fast as I could.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.