Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. always nice to enter the “interview with a magazine I’m sure didn’t exist until this very moment” phase of promo!

Kevin6279, slaybellz, Alenko and 32 others like this.
  2. Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four nationz lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Barbz attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them - but when the world needed her most, she vanished.

A hundred yearz passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, a firebender named Jesy. And although her firebending skillz are great, she haz a lot to learn before she'z ready to save anyone.

But I believe Jesy can save the world.
    (see above but it's this)
    I literally just fell forward onto my desk wheezing from keeping my laughter under control.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Kyle., Vixen, Wishlight and 14 others like this.
  3. Tina Barrett remains influential and iconic!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Untitledjp, Alenko, tj-x and 47 others like this.
  4. Ok but this edit made me love it now.

5. The Official Charts Facebook page posted this (as expected) and it got more comments that their Facebook page usually does. But man, it's just so disappointing to read the negative comments about her look, work done, criticizing her mental health claims, and trashing her, etc. She definitely seems to bring out the worst trolls even on channels that usually get little to no interaction.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Felp, Jordtayylor and YourLeadSinger like this.
  6. It's giving you Radeon box art covergirl. It's giving you Graphics Processing Unit. Check your resolution and clock those pixels hunnies.

Kevin6279, Square, nikkysan and 19 others like this.
  7. Jesy is really in the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” boat. Unfortunately, I feared that her opening up would fuel shittalking trolls instead of quelling it and it’s happening. I hope the single wins people over because if not…

JasonJay likes this.
  8. I’m baffled as to why anyone would accept that her first magazine cover as a solo artist should be... that. At least get her Fabulous or something.

neinzedd and lushLuck like this.
  9. Me getting ready for the rollercoaster that this release is going to be.

[​IMG]

10. It’s giving me Tina Burner realness. Delete it.

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I just . . . don’t see this ending well for her. I’m almost scared for her?

Alenko, nooniebao, vendredi and 21 others like this.
  12. Not AVA in the name of the ride just while I was about to post it definitely looks like the Hell part from Ava's career opus: Heaven and Hell. Truly inspiring the girls during her debut era.

Island, Verandi, VivaForever and 3 others like this.
  13. The issue for me is that I don’t see her being able to pull off big album sales or big touring numbers. I could be totally wrong.

YourLeadSinger and claire_louise like this.
  14. It's a tough one to call because I don't think we've had a breakout star from a pop group for what feels like ages. Harry Styles is the only one that springs to mind but he's in a different position - his music isn't what I'd call straightforward pop, plus he has other strings to his bow with acting, fashion etc.

It will definitely be interesting to see if Jesy can sustain a solo music career, but to be honest even if she is successful I can see her getting bored after a couple of years and giving it up to become a full-time 'celebrity'/influencer instead.

Mr_Matt and Creguk like this.
  15. I think it’s honestly going to be an uphill battle for her, considering she’s 30. Yes, it happened for JLo, Fergie and Gwen, but they were already household names when they debuted.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  16. This feels... ageist, and I’m not one to throw out this term flagrantly. This is pop music, not the NFL or NBA.

17. But is it not true that female pop artists over 30 have a harder time finding success because the industry/society is ageist?

That being said, I don't think that this phenomenon will be as apparent with Jesy. A lot of the time, ageism in pop music plays into the life cycle of a mainstream pop star altogether. I find there's, say, three to four albums before the pitchforks come out and there's a case of diminishing returns imbued by ageism (e.g. Katy Perry, Xtina) or the undeniable artistry cuts through the bullshit (e.g., Beyoncé).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.