Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Uno

Uno

Leave Normani out of this.

2. These last couple of pages have been a ride. And not the AVAlanche.

GodsAndMonsters and Jordtayylor like this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

They're technically equidistant, but go off.

4. great band or album name, honestly.

YourLeadSinger and R27 like this.
  5. And as of March 29, 2021 (one day after turning 35) she was technically closer to 40 than 35. I can do math too. I didn't even say anything wrong about being that age I was trying to prove a point you can be that age and still get support from playlists.

breakaway likes this.
  6. You now, some of us just turned 35 and are feeling very triggered by all this 40-something talk.

7. These last few pages are giving me very
    [​IMG]

Kyle., Sprockrooster, Island and 56 others like this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The point was that the decline in streaming/radio support generally declines systemically for women after a certain age, and as all the artists that you listed are essentially established, they are all dealing with the goodwill of their artistry, which will eventually face degradation in support because of ageism. Jesy isn't established in that regard so that's very much a possible factor to analyze as part of her debut.

9. She could just lie about her age

[​IMG]

Kyle., Attis, Sprockrooster and 75 others like this.
  10. More popstars should lie about their age, not because of ageism, just because they can. It's just fun.

Attis, Jwentz, Island and 33 others like this.
  11. Ages? On Popjustice? Can’t be discussed without...

[​IMG]

12. We've gone from blackfishing, to snubbing her band mates, delays, hating their old music, Nicki Minaj, that magazine cover and now Lady Gaga's age all in a week. This thread is a ride.

I'm perched for the oncoming mess.

Kyle., Island, D.Jay and 13 others like this.
  13. Honestly the longer we go without music. The more wild this thread gets. So I hope she just teases us for years to come.

14. [​IMG]

15. RMK

RMK

Imagine being Jesy and then having a VMA slot for your debut yanked away because your high-profile collaborator refused to get vaccinated and made a whole parade out of it, while they're also getting exposed for trying to cover up their husband's assault charges.

What a mouthful. It makes sense why things shifted around.

Sam, kingbm, IEngineered and 4 others like this.
  16. Mariah is eternally 12 and All I Want for Christmas smashes year after year so you may be on to something

Sprockrooster, Island, Sam and 13 others like this.
  17. Girl, just release the fucking song.

18. Imagine knowing on February 16 that sixty-five pages later we'd be reading the phrase "the heartbreak behind her song 'BOYZ.'"

19. Maybe she should try to get featured on some [Big Name Rapper]’s track while they sort out this debut solo single.

jonny likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.