Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj) | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson - Boyz (feat. Nicki Minaj)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. As soon as I saw the video with the grillz and UK baddie I was like "she's fucked".

Matgo, Lila, shindymindy and 4 others like this.
  2. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

3. She’s going for an Anglo spin on “bad bitch” but… it just don’t work, hun.

The way she’s getting crucified for something Nicki said already proves this collaboration is cursed.

Mr_Matt likes this.
  4. Girls? Loving bad boys? Groundbreaking.

5. Sam

Sam

Stream the original Bad Boy supremacy

6. Ok, but isn’t that Nicki dubbing her a “UK baddie”? Rappers often hype the main act in their verse so I don’t really see why people are dragging Jesy for it? I’m sure Jesy felt honored (or whatever) to be called that by an artist she respects/looks up to.

jonny and Redout like this.
  7. The reference to a UK baddie reminds me this (very old!) Popjustice review of Alexandra Burke's Bad Boys.

'Bad Boys' is about Alexandra fancying dangerous men. "Some people call them players but I'm far from terrified," she says in the song's opening lines, "somehow I'm drawn to danger and have been all my life." The nature of these boys' actual 'badness' is not specifed. We're not sure if it's Josef Fritzl level badness or just 'has three points on his driving licence after doing 37 in a 30 zone'. Probably the latter, on reflection. Still, imagine the video for the former.

'Josef Fritzl level badness.'

8. Oooft the optics for this are not the one!

9. Suddenly the styling for this makes sense given that now it just feels like she's been teasing it since 2003.

10. Teasing a single for this long should be illegal.

11. tired: bad boyz

wired:

Ashling92, Mr_Matt, Dynamo and 2 others like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Imagine still regarding Nicki as this after the last few weeks...

13. Well. At least there's gonna be some really funny tweets about this.

slaybellz, Florencia., JMRGBY and 8 others like this.
  14. Alexandra Burke inventing having a penchant for bad boys and the phrase 'elephant in the room'...

A visionary. Ahead of her time. Pop music needed her.

Kyle., LPT, mi|kshake and 83 others like this.
  15. It's very Louisa Yes stripping off and dancing on a table level of cringe.

Leopold and Redout like this.
  16. But that was hot as hell.

Rob, slaybellz, drewsky and 9 others like this.
  17. Did she utter those words?!

18. U.K. Baddie?

19. PSA: You know as someone who HAD taste for the bad BOYZ - I’m here to tell y’all it’s not worth the DRAMZ/DICKZ.

I’m surprised she and her team can’t even commit to a release date?

YourLeadSinger and lushLuck like this.
  20. The UK Baddie? Christ my whole body is cringing at all of this…but I can’t look away.

mi|kshake and Mr_Matt like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.