Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 107 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. We're not seriously going to pretend Gwen singing about Japanese girls as if they were her pets/fashion accessories wasn't just as hideous as this, are we?

2. What exactly is that accent in the verses?

This…isn’t good.

Florencia. and slaybellz like this.
  3. Yeah, this is really not it. I thought she might do something at least mildly interesting with such a great sample, but she basically released a cover with terrible vocals and worse lyrics. How can you talk about wanting to 'release the music you've always wanted' etc. in every interview and then release a copy-and-paste of a 2001 song? The whole package is clearly a desperate attempt for US success.

Bizarre choices all round, and that's before you deal with the blackfishing.
    I feel a bit bad for her because she clearly doesn't handle criticism well, but she is asking for it with this.

I have no desire to ever listen to this again. Alexandra remains unbothered!

Elysium, slaybellz and MeganTu like this.
  4. Did anyone say that?

lushLuck and Overdose like this.
  5. Thinking back on it, the single might literally only have a shell life of about 1 week so I suppose the team decided that they would do anything to garner talks.

I didn’t think they would do literally anything tho.

6. Island

Island Staff Member

I want Cher Lloyd back.

myblood, nooniebao, Verandi and 16 others like this.
  7. It is kind of weird to really want her to be held accountable for cultural appropriation but then romanticising older examples of it and raising those artists up ddd the performative outrage jumped out.

ALEX and YourLeadSinger like this.
  8. I can't bring myself to listen to the full thing or watch the video but from what I saw from clips on twitter it's trash just as I thought and very very cringe. Definition of delusions of grandeur.

People saying her dancing is the only good thing about it and not really dd? Like yes she has the steps down but is she doing them well? No. All this effort to look black but she still has that white girl rhythm.

I'm glad people are eating her up underneath that Capital tweet. I'm disgusted by all these media outlets promoting this shit, especially the American ones.

9. And to think we even compared this kids bops disaster to Jojo, i’m so sorry my dear.

papatrick, Elysium, popjunkie and 2 others like this.
  10. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Nn this boiling down to "Well Jesy's song is bad but SO WAS GWEN!!!"

Island, myblood, GimmeWork and 22 others like this.
  11. This is just as lame and reductive a take as the tweet you quoted.

Island, myblood, GimmeWork and 14 others like this.
  12. I’m sure those 12 people regret the purchase.

13. Jesy since the end of her stint with Little Mix:

14. I don’t think anyone was doing that though. The tweet simply just pointed out that the quality of the materials put out by Gwen at least were far more easy on the ears than this.

15. Jesy wishes she got that glow up dddd

JasonJay likes this.
  16. I can’t wait to see her try to do those vocal gymnastics live.

17. [​IMG]

lushLuck, Elysium, collxtion and 4 others like this.
  18. For someone who can actually sing very well, that vocal take/mix is a choice.

Stream the superior versions of Bad BOYZ.

19. What sort of self sabotage is this?

JasonJay, Elysium, kingbm and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.