Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 164 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. So NoNun_ has posted another story with proof of the DMs being real. It seems legit to me? Not that that’s an issue.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Do y'all really think Leigh had a choice back then? She was 1/4 of a hopeful band, you think they'd let the one Black girl say anything against whatever narrative the production was running with? Even aside from that, we have no idea where Leigh was then with her own racial identity politics, so that's unfortunate but it's also a bit opportune. I've even myself had to learn that you can't always call people to task if you don't know their comfort or readiness to do so. A lot of Black people come into fame only to encounter some of the worst demonstrations of racism, especially depending on their class beforehand. Christ.

3. Rather than laugh and say nothing though she could of said anything to try and stop what was unfolding happening. She literally could of say “awww no we’re good” or “Oh it’s just papers making things ups” anything.

4. Not that person making it seem as if J*sy was talking to some Prime Minister on a UN summit that she doesn’t have the power to interrupt.

5. If you just want to shut people down, rather than engage in a discourse, a forum is not the place for you.

hollaa01 and madeofghosts like this.
  6. That live reminded me somewhat of a Facebook post I made after falling out with my best friend and turning it into a big joke even though I was 100% in the wrong.

The difference was I was 15 and didn't have millions of followers, they both need to grow the fuck up.

sugababesoverloaded likes this.
  7. What ~discourse~ though?

8. I do do not accept any suggestion that Jesy was uncomfortable and didn’t feel she could intervene in Nicki’s hate rant against Leigh Anne. I actually think she welcomed it and thought it was great having Nicki openly backing and okaying her black fishing. When she did speak it was to say ‘Thank you’. As in say it louder for the people in the back.

myblood, GimmeWork, Vixen and 19 others like this.
  9. After watching the Live, Nicki wanted to insert herself into it so badly from the get-go.

Well, the truth is, from Jesy’s point of view, here is someone you absolutely adore defending you. Very few people would correct their idol especially when they’re supporting you.

BUT! The thick silence? Perfect time to defend Leigh-Anne but she opted not to. She is vile.

10. The irony that the “black culture loving” white girl, sat and giggled while she watched and allowed one black woman tear down another black woman.

I’ve just also realised that my avatar picture is of Jesy. That will be changing in the next few minutes!

myblood, Elysium, Overdose and 7 others like this.
  11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Pfffffttttttt she was simple (AGAIN!) for agreeing to a live with Nicki. She knows exactly the shit Nicki gets into and was like "mmmhmmm lemme get this controversy!", but Jesy doesn't even have the individual resolve to be in the same conversational exchange with someone as bigoted and loud-mouthed as Nicki. Nicki not only has a fandom that will scorn you should she or they decide it appropriate, but she also can drag your shit embarrassingly and quickly should you act outta her handbook. Jesy essentially set herself up with no possibility to show recourse. But that's par for the course, I see.

myblood, phily693, Tabris and 57 others like this.
  12. Some of you all would rather bend over backwards to defend a rapist defender and a blackfisher than to defend a Black woman on the receiving end of harassment and bullying. The audacity.

myblood, phily693, Tabris and 63 others like this.
  13. I don’t care for a reunion. Jesy’s behavior is inexcusable and, frankly, she doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as Leigh Anne since she wants to act a fool.

In short:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    myblood, GimmeWork, Lila and 14 others like this.
  14. This is embarrassing.

myblood, Vixen, Ashling92 and 35 others like this.
  15. Confrontation in those situations is uncomfortable, it's hard. I certainly would find it very hard talking over someone I admire to try and correct what they're saying in front of an audience of their fans. That said, I would hope Jesy is frustrated and regretful that she wasn't able to clarify the comments in the moment.

claire_louise and Mvnl like this.
  16. Leigh-Anne is trending on Twitter and I'm happy to report that it's all messages supporting her and calling out Nicki.

myblood, phily693, GimmeWork and 51 others like this.
  17. And that is precisely the problem. I doubt she would have stood up for Leigh-Anne had it been any other person, because she feels as though this whole thing is something she needs defending in.

18. Who is “Nohun_” and why would he leak dms?

Felp likes this.
  19. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Jesy is not a nobody in the industry. She was part of a very successful group for an entire decade. She's not a rookie, she didn't just start singing. She could've easily shut the whole topic down and moved to the next one, but she didn't because Nicki was giving her the exact thing she wanted, which was validation.

You're dismissing the valid criticism people have towards Jesy for staying quiet at the sight of someone completely dismissing a person she called a sister and best friend for a decade, in order to defend herself from legitimate blackfishing accusations, which were brought up to her prior to this entire situation and she chose to ignore. So it's clear it's pretty pointless to argue with you, hence why no one can be bothered to do so and I'm already being far too gracious by dignifying you with an answer instead of a straight up thread ban.

myblood, GimmeWork, PC20 and 47 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.