Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 208 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. The way these publications are digging in her ass... I’ve never seen a solo career end as quickly as it foolishly dared to begin. Poetic justice, innit?

sesita, tea, AmericanMoney and 55 others like this.
  2. "vocals reminiscent of a bad Camila Cabello impression" is one of the most withering reads I've read in ages. The layers.

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 74 others like this.
  3. That article is gold.
    Ouch but also wow.

lushLuck, sesita, dvno and 47 others like this.
  4. I mean damn that's bad.

Oh well, did everyone have a good dinner?

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 31 others like this.
  6. All three facial expressions of NPR's Reanna Cruz while being forced to review "Boyz"
    [​IMG]

7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

If N-P-fucking-R is on your ass? Girl. You might as well revert to the Casper of your original skim-milk tone

8. The fact they said a bad Camilla impression is sending me

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 39 others like this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Like, you ain't bad... you bad² :P

sesita, Jonathan27, tea and 47 others like this.
  10. Not a blacklisted problematic popgirl impression I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_

11. I was not prepared for a drag like that to come from NPR of all places.

12. They say I did something baaaaaddddd
    But why's it feel so bad²... bad²

13. This is why I said before that think Jesy's issues with the industry were possibly misplaced and weren't as much down to being in a girl group as she may have thought.

Not only is her image under public scrutiny right now, but her vocals are now being criticised, which is something she's probably never had to deal with on a large scale being in Little Mix, and I imagine if her vocals and/or performance ability is continued to be dragged, she may find it even harder given it's her passion and drive.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

That's why you show respect to where you began; why you show deference. It humbles you before your assumed new audience and your previous fanbase. She's just not smart enough to have courted that. She's a bit dense and it's also obscured by self-victimization via Black appropriation. She has more gall... than natural lip - funny that!

[​IMG]

White people would get up and perform this way, to make fun of our natural features in the late 1800s...until now. And Jesy thinks imma stay off her ass? My ancestors didn't get assaulted, beat, lynched, and discriminated against for you to be like, lol I love Black culture! This is my year-round Halloween costume! I will always stand with Leigh-Anne. To "love" Black culture is to understand YET realize that being white will always leave you outside it. You can have 1,000,000 Black friends and will always be a spectator. She makes me sick.

And btw, the practice of overdrawing your lips comes directly from Blackface. You're literally dumb.

sesita, Jonathan27, TRAVVV and 56 others like this.
  15. Was just looking at her Spotify page and it made me crack up that her bio is just ‘#Boyz’ like yes there isn’t much to say for yourself at the moment is there?

16. The wording of this tweet makes it read like blackfishing, as messy as it is, isn’t even the biggest problem she’s facing with - which I think is such a burn against her artistry. It’s almost them saying “Ok you’re being part of the problem - but cant you at least deliver?”

18. I wonder how many streams are Minaj fans?

19. The fact she got her manager’s other main client (Alison Goldfrapp)’s wife to direct an expensive video for her debut solo single and the director hasn’t made another video since... iconic.

Laurence, Fuchsia, sexercise and 5 others like this.
  20. Mollie creeping into other threads? And people say she has no talent!

lushLuck, sesita, TRAVVV and 47 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.