Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 211 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Is Graham Norton the kind of interviewers that would avoid the obvious issues? The blackfishing? The live instagram bullying of Leigh? The mess that is the Boyz video?
    At this point, not raising the issues would make him as worse as her…

Jesus Jugs and slaybellz like this.
  2. I mean let’s start with the historical stuff that makes Jesy’s blackface clownery offensive to start with eh?

eyeline, Attis, Blue6010 and 10 others like this.
  3. Surely no way he could ignore it?

What are the odds that her management ask her to sing a different song? Is that even likely?

4. Can't really avoid that.

5. Hair Down still available on US Spotify & is as terrible as ever.

6. She'll probably just be performing at the end.

7. The more this plays out, the more I’m starting to think that maybe her issues in Little Mix were less about her being in a girl band and just more that this isn’t the right industry for her. Not everyone is cut out for it, and that’s okay. Being in the entertainment industry has and still is a big dream of mine, but I know in my heart that I’m genuinely unsure if I could handle all the pressure that comes from it.

8. It’s a Twitter meme format.

inevitable and VivaForever like this.
  9. NPR really said, "we're also here for mess"

[​IMG]

sesita, Jonathan27, dvno and 74 others like this.
  10. Camilla means stretcher in Spanish... how apt

[​IMG]

lushLuck, sesita, Jonathan27 and 26 others like this.
  11. She’s not big enough to be given a slot during the main show, she’ll just perform at the end and Graham will ask her about the single and that will be it. There’s no way the BBC are going to allow questions about blackfishing and appropriation on their primetime feelgood Friday night talkshow.

XXX, nooniebao, scottdisick94 and 9 others like this.
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I’m perched to see how she’ll present the song visually for the first time dd.

13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

At this point her best bet is to go full Sia and show up in a wig with her face hidden for the whole performance.

14. It really does come off more like blackface than blackfish, no? Not just the physical modifications, but the clothes, the AAVE, the message.

The taboo line might be the most egregious part of the whole package. Straight out of the 1800s with that one.

15. It’s borderline Gwen’s Harajuku Girls level of cringe.

16. What she's doing is a full on minstrel act. Beyond darkening her skin, she's blown up her lips, and is wearing textured hair? What is that? It's kind of funny how Iggy Azalea got dragged several years ago and effectively ended her career for doing much less, and everyone in Jesy's camp still decided to move forward on this. Truly boggling the way the white mind works.

Jonathan27, tea, nooniebao and 38 others like this.
  17. Queens of product placement and fluorescent lighting:

How to sample a song and do it well:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  18. NPR dragging the song on the first day this week where it felt like the attention on Jesy shifted because of Adele's release.
    [​IMG]

19. If you've reached the point where NPR is dragging you then you should probably just retire. Get that FashionNova Instagram sponsorship and move on with your day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.