Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 216 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. I finally gathered what it was that bothered me about the video and the song. It feels like a parody of urban music from the early 2000s like some sort of skit.

2. W2K

W2K

PopCrushed, Stopremix, itylts and 2 others like this.
  3. I knew it looked familiar, not a remake right down to the roof scenes.

4. Didn’t she explicitly say her looking racially ambiguous “gets her places”? Yeah I think we’re good!

lushLuck, nooniebao, Macsun and 8 others like this.
  5. Yes, she did! (The conversation starts Around 25:21)

6. I love how half of this topic is discussing other artists rather than Jesy and her Boyz.

7. I feel like this was always a long shot anyway? She's coming out of a girl group whose last US hit of any description was five years ago, and is a UK act essentially trying to sell very Americanised music while bringing nothing of her own to the party. Traditionally, that doesn't scream "recipe for success".

Lapras, nooniebao, Sugaboy and 8 others like this.
  8. Erm, they're right though?

I mean, their output might not be tarnished, and their impact might not be tarnished. But they're a group that has been a beacon of friendship and female empowerment for the last ten years, so it doesn't exactly help their brand? No members falling out over a jacket, nobody climbing out of a toilet window to escape, no 'get well soon Geri's' - for a long time LM have been held up as an example of how girlband's should work, and from an industry perspective, so much of the goodwill they've worked hard to earn over the last ten years is built on that.

Does it all reflect most badly on Jesy? Of course. But she was a vital member of this band for nine out of the ten years the band has been together, and so such a big, public fallout - regardless of who is at fault - might not tarnish their overall impact, but of course it tarnishes their messaging, and their 'M.O' that they've meticulously built over ten years. I'd hazard a guess that this is precisely why the band aren't engaging in the 'feud' and it's currently quite one sided - they realise that regardless of rights or wrongs, public fallouts don't help a brand that's been built largely on the notion of female friendship. Especially when you consider that the vast majority of public won't be picking up nuance on a forum, but getting this information from the sidebar of shame, or The Sun or Heat Magazine or whatever.

10. Jesy’s behaviour is completely her own doing and doesn’t reflect at all on Little Mix everything they stood for as a group still applies.

GimmeWork, sesita, myblood and 33 others like this.
  11. Still not wrapping my head around how Jesy’s dumb ass antics somehow reflects badly on Little Mix as a group? I mean this is all on her and the “team” she has telling her to go right ahead and be a mess.

GimmeWork, myblood, singabob and 20 others like this.
  12. Because you're on an Internet forum and you've obviously taken the time and effort to follow what's happening, pick apart the nuance of what's gone down over the last week or so and made a judgement as to where blame lies.

Do we, genuinely, think the vast majority of the GP have done the same? The majority of the public will have read about this feud in one of the tabloids - they won't be dissecting the nuance of black fishing or ethnic smudging - they'll simply be seeing ex-bandmates at loggerheads, or having a 'catfight' which has how much of this has been positioned in the media.

I'm sure for most 'fans', it won't make the blindest bit of difference. But their legacy lives outside that - what do the general record buying public think?

jk-ennedy likes this.
  13. I've said it in this thread before, but I can see this being a Mel B Hot era situation where it's less "being badly advised" and more "not listening to any advice".

14. I doubt they care.

Wishlight, myblood, Sarzy and 7 others like this.
  15. I personally don’t think it’ll have much impact in the long run on their legacy.

Once the dust has settled and time has passed, Little Mix will be remembered for supplying us with bop after bop for 10 years solid.
    Nobody really remembers or cares about the Spice Girls or Girls Aloud for their feuds or fallouts but rather for their great musical output.

16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This is so petty

GimmeWork, myblood, Blond and 30 others like this.
  17. I don’t think this so called “feud” has worked out in Jesy’s favor considering Little Mix and Leigh Anne have been coming off with the positives from the whole mess especially concerning the media coverage which is shocking considering how things have usually gone with this sort of thing. It’s not giving “this has ruined Little Mix and their legacy” at all dddd.

18. It was never going to work out in her favour, her friends & team are either fake or stupid. It's heartbreaking to me that this had to come to Leigh-Anne being bullied online but I'm glad people have taken up for her.

Lapras, PopCrushed and 1986 like this.
  19. Who honestly has the time to research this.

GimmeWork, myblood, Blond and 17 others like this.
  20. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Girl group stans.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.