Jesy Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not here for white gays running blackfishing to the ground. I'd be offended if she starts looking darker than me. As for her style, it's not my fave but I know she's always been into this way of dressing, I get it can be cringe for some people but it doesn't make her a bad person.
She looks literally darker than her two coloured ex-group members. Sorry for us white gays calling her out for that, but I'm sure that many coloured people feel the same about it. She looks like a Beyonce clone and that's not just because of "her way of dressing".

It’s frustrating that while she was in LM, the girls were always so supportive of her and made loving yourself and body positivity and speaking out against critiques of female bodies so important to their message, and yet, here she was in a girl group with two women of color, one of which made a documentary about racism, and yet she simply seems to have … never gotten even a small bit of the point? I so desperately want for her to learn and know better and move beyond this. She’s extremely talented snd generally likable and deserves success. But it’s hard to ignore some things.
I mean…

Also, I honestly think she’s suffered so badly with cyberbullying for so long that she’s trained herself to ignore every single negative comment she receives. She probably thinks whenever people point out the blackfishing they’re just doing it because it’s her, rather than because it’s obviously ridiculous.

Just a thought though, not an excuse. She should know better by now.

I feel like the initial years of Little Mix must have been really, really formative in how Jesy views her overall time in the band, where they most likely were constantly told what they had to record and how they had to dress and how their audience skewing so young hampered their own impulses as the years went on... because I will be very surprised if anything she records is really that far away from the stuff they've been putting on their more recent albums anyway.

The fact that this will be something entirely curated and created by her and her alone is, of course, the most important to her I imagine, but the constant grandstanding about how different the material is going to be is like... sis. It's going to be pop/RnB. Chill out.

She looks literally darker than her two coloured ex-group members. Sorry for us white gays calling her out for that, but I'm sure that many coloured people feel the same about it. She looks like a Beyonce clone and that's not just because of "her way of dressing".
Black or people of colour would be more appropriate language, overall I can't tell people how to feel and because black people are not a monolith we don't see things exactly the same way as there's a lot of nuance to these conversations and they're still on going, what I personally define as blackfishing can differ to others.

It’s a shame really. I think with Jesy’s voice she could’ve crafted something really quite special but no matter what music she releases, it’ll all be drowned out by the mess she insists upon creating with her image.

the constant grandstanding about how different the material is going to be is like... sis. It's going to be pop/RnB

Yes and by this time next year we'll be served the mandatory mOsT PeRsoNaL aLbuM YET!!111 ddd. Some of these young ladies are very predictable.

Black or people of colour would be more appropriate language, overall I can't tell people how to feel and because black people are not a monolith we don't see things exactly the same way as there's a lot of nuance to these conversations and they're still on going, what I personally define as blackfishing can differ to others.
You’re right, thank you for pointing that out. That was an honest mistake as English is not my first language and I sometimes type out stuff without overthinking my choice of words.

Choosing the Little Mix anniversary is blatant, and looking for conflict. Even if it isn't ill-willed and she just feels so past it, separating the launch by two weeks, or even one, would do wonders for the inevitable criticisms. Many people around her probably relayed this too, so it is deliberate of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.