Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 300 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. The way I’m now picturing Jesy opening her WAV files in Audacity wondering what next. Maybe someone should send her a link to a Roxio Easy CD Creator free trial.

2. The way this thread is more active than her career nn

3. Not quite sure what the merit has been in this thread for quite a while. Is it really adding any value (to anything)

4. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

If she every chooses to be hwhite again, I'd rather she stick to this vocal and skin tone

5. It's on YouTube, thank God. Makes me howl every time. So embarrassing.

Wishlight, masahiro, Stewart and 8 others like this.
  6. I have 2 questions.
    1 - Why is there not one frame that looks like it was shot at Coachella?
    2 - If she's amongst POC and they assume she's also a POC, does she correct them?

Wishlight, 1outside, Liberty and 5 others like this.
  7. I think it’s time this thread was locked.

Wishlight, Sam, GimmeWork and 11 others like this.
  8. It's still crazy to me how she and her team absolutely squandered one of the best PR set-ups for a solo career. Thanks to the documentary she had the public and the fanbase's goodwill and that really softened the blow of her departure from Little Mix in Dec 2020. If only her team had committed to the explanation of a mental health break and held off the solo announcement for a few more months, perhaps the tide would not have turned the way that it did.

9. Going solo too soon was the least problematic thing she did. She could’ve recovered from that move easily.

10. What actually is this? Or what is she meant to depict in this video? I’m so confused.

11. Oh sweet Jesus, that video is even worse than I remember.

12. This video… this is so… i have no words

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  13. There would be no option here except to leave on double blue tick

Mushroom, Sam, johnny_tsunami and 5 others like this.
  14. Tbh the best approach would had been for her to record as a featured artist, sort of like Jess Glynne or Rita Ora. That would had help her bring a different audience outside of Little Mix to know her and warm to her. She could experiment with something different as well. Jesy does have a beautiful tone to her voice! I mean her voice does catch your attention on every Little Mix track. I particularly like how she sounds on Reggaetón Lento

Pink_Punk and YourLeadSinger like this.
  15. Are people just forgetting the blackfishing part on purpose or…?

itylts, Raichu, Kyliéyoncé and 25 others like this.
  16. Blackpink in your area.

1outside likes this.
  17. A couple of weeks ago, the Lindsay Lohan thread (started in 2013 to discuss an album that, nine years later, still doesn't exist) got bumped because she posted a nice picture of herself on Instagram. Not to mention the Rihanna one reappearing every time she goes to the shops.

I'm not saying I disagree with you about the merits of this thread, but there should be a consistent approach if we're talking about what does or doesn't have the right to exist.

18. I enjoyed this a bit TOO MUCH...

19. Helps other upcoming artists know what NOT to do?

20. I just feel like we are all in for... round 2 of the same. I don't feel like she's actually going to switch up her image, her style, her behaviour. I don't think she will learn from any of this or that anyone will step in and help steer her in the right direction. I'm secretly looking forward to the mess.

Wishlight, sesita, Hurricane and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.