Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 311 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. The way balegdah is Jesy's most lasting impact in US culture...

phily693, RMK, Aiden and 31 others like this.
  2. Rob

Rob

Boyz is a year old tomorrow and I'm still not over the car crash that was its 'campaign'.

Sam, HairBodyFace, Rafa_el and 7 others like this.
  3. 311 pages for an artist who has one song, no record label, and hasn't been active in a full year is wild when you think about it. It goes to show just how bad her public image is.

ItBeats, Blue6010, Mr_Matt and 6 others like this.
  4. Which means it's one year since this genuinely iconic moment where her team thought it'd be a good idea to parade her through an empty Leicester Square at 8am in the drizzle to launch the single like a popstar stunt from 1997. Never forget!

[​IMG]

5. The confused restaurant workers in the background coupled with the lone photographer just kill me. Quite literally a car crash.

6. This was honestly iconic. A day to remember in pop culture.

Sam, Jamie, K94 and 18 others like this.
  7. It's her face in that picture. Is it a pose? Is it a freezing my tits off look? Is it a "what was I thinking?".

girlsaloudjunkie likes this.
  8. Nn I think she's trying to give "cool girl" energy, but failing dramatically.

9. She’s being a baddie

Runawaywithme, Mikal, Kyle. and 11 others like this.
  10. FFFF wait how did I miss this

The fact that she probably spent hours in hair and makeup only to be on display for the Costa employees and a few people grabbing their morning coffee

phily693, 1outside, Burzum and 19 others like this.
  11. The fact we have to discuss Gaga in comeback corner but this thread is on the homepage tonight.

12. He’d had enough.

[​IMG]

phily693, Mikl C, itylts and 51 others like this.
  13. She really is the Valerie Cherish of Pop.

Holly Something likes this.
  14. I just noticed she deleted her Instagram. She really said bye gworls and poofed like Houdini, huh. It's ovah!

lushLuck and thequinntessential like this.
  15. Exactly. This is different from Siobhan, Robbie, and Geri.

She could have easily left or finished the era on good terms and maintained positive relations with the group while having a solo career and leaving the door open for her to return anytime ala Cheryl/Girls Aloud.

She chose a different direction, destroying any goodwill she had with fans, her label & management and of course her bandmates for a Nicki feature that went nowhere & a flop solo career that is over. Nicki moved on, the girls moved on, and the fans moved on. It's at the stage now where she's being phased out of their history and fans are even forgetting she was ever there. That says it all, really.

I can't blame her bandmates if they never wanted to reunite with her again. Unless she takes complete accountability and shows genuine growth and change & stops being a victim 24/7, I doubt they'd ever be interested and quite honestly, after enjoying the last year of the trio, they're more than fine without her.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  16. Fjdjd this was so utterly wild. Leicester Square is horrific at the best of times… let alone at the crack of dawn when there’s only commuters around

17. Remember when someone here came for me for calling the area dumb.

itylts, Trinu 3.0, Wishlight and 15 others like this.
  18. What we won’t do is compare Valerie to Jezy.

19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The way Mixers are highly talented at essentially removing her from past footage and it looks professionally done... I'm gagged.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.