Jesy Nelson (...) | Page 57 | The Popjustice Forum

Jesy Nelson (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Felp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. I don't think it's been mentioned? But apparently P Diddy wants to star ion Jesy's video? It's from The S*n. Quoting below so you don't have to click on the link:

2. Previous page.

jawow_ likes this.
  3. I highly doubt Nicki would agree to perform at the preshow, and an essentially new artist debuting her first ever single on the main show makes little sense. The only way I could see it work is if she’s a part of a Nicki medley. The EMAs I’d believe.

4. Her PR team insisting on following the Little Mix blueprint of dropping ~exclusives~ and ~rumours~ to The Sun is gross, honestly. Find an outlet that isn't totally disgusting.

Sam, Wishlight, eddy2375 and 23 others like this.
  5. Delays don’t normally foreshadow great things.

6. The delay won't matter. The alternative was releasing on the same day as Little Mix and risk receiving an avalanche of both press and trolling in her comments on Instagram. They did the right thing and this way both Jesy and the girls get their moment.

Song will probably be out two weeks on Friday at the latest.

7. RMK

RMK

MTV has highlighted their "push" program and once stacked most of their roster with new and upcoming artists a few years back, so it doesn't feel that out of the realm. Having a slot, under that pitch, doesn't necessarily mean MTV marketing her in promos or hyping up Jesy from Little Mix's debut as a main event.

JasonJay likes this.
  8. ‘Unforeseen circumstances’ being the avalanche of Little Mix content that we’ve had over the last few weeks?

TheOnlyOne likes this.
  9. 'P Diddy wants to star in Jesy's video' has strong 'P!nk wanted Forever Is Over' energy.

Sam, Wishlight, eddy2375 and 19 others like this.
  10. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It's their anniversary.. WHO COULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING??

11. If they end up doing it again, she could definitely nab one of those side stage, 'take us to break' 45 second slots they have done for rising artists in years past. That, or a pre-show spot. The reports are just hyping it up like it could be anything more, which isn't realistic. She won't be joining the main stage alongside the advertised performers, but as you say, a performance in some capacity isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Island, PopCrushed, RMK and 1 other person like this.
  12. Chloe Bailey is debuting her solo career at the VMAs, forgive me if I'm out of touch, but doesn't she have a lower profile than Jesy?

I'm surprised Little Mix are doing so much this year given they have already birthed three human beings in the last month, I must admit I was expecting a more low key celebration of their 10 years, but they are really giving it their all! Flawless approach and their work ethic is undeniable.

It's possible Jesy and her team weren't expecting LM to be so active, but in any case there's room for them both to do their thing.

13. Chloe x Halle are Grammy nominated artists they have a much bigger profile than Jesy in America.

Sam, aaronhansome, Wishlight and 16 others like this.
  14. Also Beyoncé.

Sam, Wishlight, superultra and 12 others like this.
  15. Also 5 time VMA nominee and previous performer.

16. Beyoncé definitely has a bigger profile than Jesy.

Sam, Denemarken, eatyourself and 14 others like this.
  17. Jessie J performing on crutches with the Taco Bell logo covering the screen <3

Sam, aaronhansome, Wishlight and 34 others like this.
  18. Scream!

LPT, Sam, aaronhansome and 67 others like this.
  19. That was a classic, that was an undisputed classic, etc. Hope Jesy can reach such heights.

PopCrushed likes this.
  20. There are definitely special visa options, I've seen so many British celebs from Dua Lipa to Lewis Hamilton who seem to be flying back and forth from the US with no issue.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.