Jhené Aiko - Chilombo (3rd Studio Album) | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Jhené Aiko - Chilombo (3rd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sanctuary, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Serving Cafe Del Mar 22.

sesita likes this.
  3. It's giving me gospel compilation album, nñn.

4. Yeahhhhh, the visual direction for this whole era has been a bit by-the-book, which is especially disappointing when Souled Out and Trip are two of my favourite album covers of all time. I like the Chilombo cover but it breaks the ongoing concept of her being a small figure in large surreal scenes.

Euphoria likes this.
  5. Love this track, very Kehlani! And can we talk about Miguel with eyeliner? Well, hello.

6. OMG 'Hoe' was how I discovered Jhené back in the day, love the interpolation in this new song! Shen is such a queen!
    Nice to see Mila in the video as well.

FINISH LINE, TRAVVV and teddienono like this.
  7. Given the lack of physicals, I assume this will be released at midnight EST like her singles?

8. FUCK this is so fucking good!!!!!! what the fuck..she continues to outdo herself with each release...queen shit!!!

godspeed likes this.
  9. Both Jhené and H.E.R snapped on B.S. !

Jersey likes this.
  10. This is a lovely album. Doesn’t take me on a TRIP the way Trip did, but like all of her music, a few listens will help it seep into my soul. God, I love this woman.

11. B.S. is every-fucking-thing. Ready to listen to whole set!

12. I had my first listen this morning.

It's for sure a nice album with some real gems, but I don't know that I love it as much as Trip.
    Saying that, Trip definitely grew on me too so there's room for that to change.

13. I love it, but I really miss mixtape Jhené. I was hooked. Some of the magic is not really there for me anymore.

lalaclairi_ likes this.
  14. I really want to listen to this as I loved her debut but 20 tracks, really? Sigh. Let me try.

15. Someone obviously never listened to Trip.

boombazookajoe likes this.
  16. I have actually but that's when I started losing a bit of interest in her. New Balance can still make me weep tho!

OspreyQueen likes this.
  17. My problem with the album is the same as it’s been since her full length debut: she often stretches thematic concepts across multiple songs with little sonic or lyrical variation. There’s quite a bit to love here but it feels bogged down by the sheer volume of tracks. Still, B.S. through Happiness Over Everything as well as the one-two punch of Tryna Smoke and Born Tired remind me why I stay perched on her music. When she’s good she really is incredible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.