JLS - Outta This World | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

JLS - Outta This World

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Star*, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The shittest song since Wind It Up.

2. They played a clip of it on local radio today and laughed for a good 5 minutes at it.

3. Wind It Up is a masterpiece compared to this utter tripe. I thought Beat Again and Everybody In Love were crap but this is on another level of pure nonsense.

4. This really is one of the worst songs I've heard in a long long time!

5. I can't wait to hear the radio stations reactions to this. Radio 1 will probably love it as they are afraid to judge JLS.

6. Absolutely brilliant. I love this! And i've never said that about a JLS song before.

7. I'll be interested to see if radio supports this, I suspect they will, but I hope not, it's a really bad song.

8. WTF is this? I honestly thought they would have come out with something better. Why use such heavy autotune?

9. They'll lap it up in the u.k it's JLS and I suspect this will be big in the u.s as well.

10. They've been autotuned beyond recognition, they don't sound human. If robots that regularly flash man cleavage were invented JLS would not be required. I was hoping the second album would see a leap in quality, but this song is truly awful. Oh dear.

11. It sounds like something Cheryl would want on her second album.

12. So poo... and which British artist says 'shawty'. And didn't Jay-Z say 'Death of Autotune'. Listen to him. Come on you're good lads, don't accept this dated mediocre rubbish. You came second in a singing comp so sing.
    Well, the fangirls will be all on this like white on rice no doubt

13. RJF

RJF

This is actually the worst thing they've ever produced. I've had a fondness for JLS since the X Factor since I've always believed they could go the distance and be a good act, but if they're just going to sit there and rake in the money from selling absolutely wretched music from their rabid fanbase, then I'll lose all good will towards them.

I was really rooting for them with this. It's a shame it's so terrible and will be so big.

14. Oh dear lord it's awful. How could anyone think this was a good idea? There is something about it though. The song could have had potential if it hadn't been massacred with autotune and other horrible things.

15. I think you've summed it up quite perfectly for me. Especially the last statement.

16. I cant believe what im reading. Radio will 100% lap this up.
    Myself on the other hand is 100% not lapping it up, I just know im going to get sick of hearing this very fast.

17. This really isn't as bad as people are making out. But it IS quite silly.

18. Charley

Charley Staff Member

Why is everyone hating on this? It has no more autotune than your average Ke$ha song?

It's brilliant, I love it!

19. The difference between this and your average Ke$ha song however, is that Ke$ha's songs have great melodies and decent production. And, as much as her voice is autotuned, it's still instantly recognisable and for some reason sounds acceptable, to me anyway. JLS on autotune overdrive is much less appealing as it just sounds like one robot singing.

This just isn't what I was expecting when PJ hailed it an international number one.

It might grow on me, but I suspect only to the point where I get used to hearing it all the time, rather than actually enjoying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.