JLS - Outta This World | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

JLS - Outta This World

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Star*, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think PJ just raised everyones expectations.It is not terrible but maybe it is best not to rush release songs just to keep teen girls interested.JLS are better vocally than this.

2. Is Simon Cowell behind this? Maybe he wants these X-Factor accidents off the face of the earth to pave the way for a group that's going to appear on this season of the show?

3. I completely agree! when it was leaked yesterday, my whole twitter feed was JLS fans saying it is shit! we're not all sheeps, you know.

I'm just baffled as to why they chose this as a first single?! I'm glad that a second single will be released before the album, because at the moment this just isn't clicking.

Oh, and by the way, I'm sure radio will be supporting this.

4. I hate it, it's awful, too much auto tune and robotic affects.
    Once again, we lose a UK act to the American sound.

That's not always a bad thing, but I don't think they suit the vocal affects.

5. Didn't most people think "Boom Boom Pow" was awful the first time they heard it?

6. It still is!

I wonder how they're going to perform this Live? I suppose they'll just sing an 'autotuneless' version

7. There's something with the beat and the vocals that does not make the two go together. Seems one of which started two-seconds earlier than the other.

8. I wonder if this song is their "Craig David moment"?

Remember when Craig David was like the biggest thing in British pop, then he came back with his second album, and the lead single was some ridiculous Americanised song about Ice Cream "flavas". I knew he was fucked after that song....and this was way before Bo Selecta turned him into walking punchline.

9. This is what I said before. I think everyone will hate it now, and it'll be absolutely huge in about 6 weeks.

I really, really like it. I think the autotune is completely justified: it's there as a vocal effect rather than a vocal correction.

10. I'm not keen on it so far - although it might improve on repeat listens. I don't mind autotune/vocoder effects but they can be overdone and unnecessary. My problem with it at the moment is lack of melody. Their singles have all been the right side of cheesy and all are great to sing along with. This song seems to lack the charm of their previous singles.

11. I love it!

12. I am stunned by how bad this is.

13. A brilliant video could make this song more enjoyable.

I've listened to it about 5 or 6 times now and must admit I don't hate it anymore. But I'm still pissed off that overall it doesn't exceed my admittedly high expectations.

14. Its vile.

15. Oh dear. It's a bit awful isn't it? Not even enjoyable in a novelty way.

I think UK radio will support it, because it's them. But if it's not as big as their first two singles, then I think they'll struggle to get as much support with the second single from the new album - which will be the important one, as it's launching the album.

However, this.....

.....is a very good point.

On a seperate note, I don't agree with people saying that this is JLS trying to sound American. It's nowehere near as ''US sounding'' as 'Everybody In Love' was. I don't think it's a bad thing either way, but I do think it's unfair to accuse them of trying to sound American now.

16. IMO this is better than all the rest of there songs. And if they perform it live wouldn't they still use autotune?

17. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I don't really like it but it's not that bad. It's no 'Beat Again' and I don't think it will work in America as it's just not catchy enough.

18. I think the reason people thought Boom Boom Pow was awful was that it was just so different from the Black Eyed Peas older material. Also, the song doesn't really have a typical song structure or a chorus. However, once people got used to this, the song started to grow on them.

This JLS song, however, just seems like their old songs except they've tried to become more suitable for the American market by adding autotune & making the song less cheesy. But, I think that the cheese factor in their songs worked for them whereas this song just seems like a bit of a mess. It doesn't even seem to have a particularly catchy melody which was one thing their other singles had.

19. I love it, which is not something I expected to say about a JLS song.

20. The club is AaaaaaLiive .. Hahaha. Stopped the song after the first chorus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.