John Newman | The Popjustice Forum

John Newman

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Blob, Jun 7, 2013.

1. There isn't a thread so I thought I would start one.

Out June 30th, he's the singer of Rudimental's Feel The Love and Not Giving In.

The song is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfihYWRWRTQ

I can't figure out how to embed the video so there's a link.

2. Great single! Love it and the video.

3. Well it's going to be the smash of the summer isn't it.

4. It's much better than the tat he did with Rudimental, and it's catchy as anything!

5. Most anthemic chorus of the year so far.

6. So this is probably going to be number 1 this week, still a fantastic song.

7. It's catchy, if very 'Plan B-lite with added bass-wobble' for good measure. I prefer the more unrestrained stylists of 'Feel The Love', when it comes to John.

8. RJF

RJF

He sounds like Muddy Waters trying to pass a kidney stone.

9. So that's why he wasn't in the video.

10. My laptop hates me and now my iPhone hates me. Is this how brave2012 felt?

11. K94

K94

Still trying to get used to his voice but this is definitely one of the singles of the year -packed full of great hooks and melody. Amazing.

12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

How come iTunes says this was released on May 17th but it's only just gone to #1 this week?

13. That's very strange, I thought the release date was the 30th June.

14. I enjoy dancing to this song.

15. Probably just a fudge-up and that's the date it opened for pre-orders or something.

16. His voice is so affected, but this is just a brilliant song.

17. I just heard this song (on a RAI Uno podcast of all places) and came looking to see if there was a thread here. Of course the popjustice people are on top of it.

Really good song. It could do quite well here in the U.S. but I don't know if it's come out here or not. As for the video, what's up with the ending?

18. K94

K94

It's based on Romeo & Juliet hence them walking up different sides of the stairs at the start and them escaping and dying at the end.

19. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Hmm, not so sure about the second single, "Cheating".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8N6SScXb8M

Reminds me of when dance acts in the 90s had a bit hit and then followed it up with something that sounded almost identical. Rednex's double whammy of Cotton Eye Joe and Old Pop In An Oak springs to mind.

20. Yes, it's very poor in comparison to 'Love Me Again'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.