Jojo Siwa - “Karma”

So many pop flops have bought songs off the shelf.

I mean, sure, but a big celebrity doing that in 2024 with what's both supposed to be their big launch single and also meant to make a "statement" just feels a bit silly, especially when it turns out the original song was not only over a decade old but also easily accessible. But in Jojo's defence, at least as far as I can tell she doesn't claim to be a songwriter/didn't get a vanity writing credit.

I mean, sure, but a big celebrity doing that in 2024 with what's both supposed to be their big launch single and also meant to make a "statement" just feels a bit silly, especially when it turns out the original song was not only over a decade old but also easily accessible. But in Jojo's defence, at least as far as I can tell she doesn't claim to be a songwriter/didn't get a vanity writing credit.
It’s Jojo Siwa

I hate that amongst all this nonsense, I find myself disappointed in those that are saying Jojo "stole" this song. Like I thought everyone knew that artist buy songs/demos like this or are given them or whatever. It also makes me feel like they're missing the whole point of why this is so talked about right now.

he/him
I hate that amongst all this nonsense, I find myself disappointed in those that are saying Jojo "stole" this song. Like I thought everyone knew that artist buy songs/demos like this or are given them or whatever. It also makes me feel like they're missing the whole point of why this is so talked about right now.

I mean these are the same people thinking Brit Smith can get sued by Jojo Siwa for putting out her version of the song when it's essentially just a cover version at this point, which is perfectly legal.