JOJO: The Discography Rate - WINNER | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

JOJO: The Discography Rate - WINNER

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, May 15, 2017.

1. How the hell is "Breezy" one of the remaining tracks?? The reason it took me so long to rate that album is because I couldn't even get past the first song.

2. Ddddd at the brutality towards the debut. Stop, she's already dead!

Most of the songs deserved it though. I'm kind of sad to see Keep On out already. I actually really like it, mainly for the vocals. It's insane that a 12/13 year old could sing like that.

Music Is Life, Guy, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  3. Oh no I completely missed this and the tagification didn't come through both times.

4. Once Breezy and the Weak cover are out the rest of the debut should be left alone for a while.

5. RMK

RMK

The debut being torn apart was destine. Cannot wait for top fourty, though.

slaybellz likes this.
  6. I won't stand for the Breezy hate! It's tacky, but it's a BOP.

Guy likes this.
  7. [​IMG]
    Poor baby debut. The slayage, the massacre, the slaughter!
    Wow at me being the only commentator for Fairy Tails. Wow at Butterflies going fucking second to last. This rate is everything and the comments got me in stiches.

8. Since I provided the lowest score and no commentary for Keep On, I need to say that it just bored me to death.

Overall debut is pretty much awful except few a little good tracks and I'm glad that majority is out already!

9. Butterflies is the OPENING TRACK on my edition of JoJo for some reason... who thought that was a good idea? On an album with this killer:filler ratio you should really be starting out with the singles.

10. Same with my edition! Looks like the European edition had a different tracklist order.

11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Onto the next cuts!

69. Do Whatcha Gotta Do
    [​IMG]
    Average Score: 5.500
    Highest Score: 10 (TRAVVV)
    Lowest Score: 1.5 (Guy)
    My Score: 5.5

This is cute enough but was firmly meant to be a bonus track and nothing more. It could've fit on the debut, which as we know by now, is not a good thing.

Literally no one was bothered by this except for evilsin (5) who does what the title tells him to do: "Okay, so I'mma score this a 5 then. Do whatcha gotta do, right?"

68. What You Like
    [​IMG]
    Average Score: 5.676
    Highest Score: 10 (Elysium, Remorque)
    Lowest Score: 1 (ohnostalgia)
    My Score: 5

Can't Take That Away From Me loses its first track as What You Like departs. It's an 80s-tinged number featuring someone named Jordan Gatsby, who doesn't have a Wikipedia page so I can't tell you anything about him, apols.

GhettoPrincess (3) is not here for him or the track in general, simply saying "Ouch. Delete Jordan Gatsby". evilsin (7) is also not a fan, saying "This Jordan's voice is doing something to me, but I'm not sure I like it". He also added he thinks the track is "weird, it gives me Janet vibes for some reason, but I don't mind it".​

67. Weak
    [​IMG]
    Average Score: 5.765
    Highest Score: 9 (Sprockrooster, HollyDunnSomething, Guy)
    Lowest Score: 2 (send photo)

What an apt title, amirite? *ba dum tss*

Weak is a cover of a song by girl group SWV. It was a big hit for them, hitting #1 on the Hot 100 for two weeks and selling over a million copies.

Highest scorer Sprockrooster said "she is bringing the soul" and HollyDunnSomething agreed, calling it a "solid effort" but "clearly not a patch on the original", also adding that it was "kind of alarming for a 13 year old to be singing it though..." which, true, but also The Way You Do Me exists so the good sis Jo was clearly grown from a young age kii.

TRAVVV (6.5) was in the middle, exclaiming "Those runs!!" and adding "If this song weren’t covered by every one and their mother, I’d have rated this higher. However, props to a 13 year old for doing more with this track than SWV ever could (no shade to Coko)".

On the other end, evilsin (4) said it was "relaxing" but "didn't think it would score this low", and slaybellz (4) was matter-of-fact and blankly said "Nah this cover is not it".

66. Exceptional
    [​IMG]
    Average Score: 5.782
    Highest Score: 10 (GhettoPrincess, Sprockrooster)
    Lowest Score: 3 (Veeis, evilsin, slaybellz)

I always think I love The High Road in full until I remember this song exists. It's not bad per se, but it's just so...soggy on an album that's so lively and vibrant. Oh, and bye Diane Warren! Nice to have you for all of two rounds in the rate and ruining what could've been a flawless album. Oh well.

evilsin (3) was on my side, saying "Welp, not exceptional at all" (I'm surprised this joke wasn't made more teebs, or for Weak at all for that matter) but our highest scorers made sure their voices were heard. GhettoPrincess said "This would be so bland in the hands of someone who couldn’t emote with their voice properly. Luckily JoJo is a pro at it and for that I’m completely taken into the message of the song" and Sprockrooster added "I am a sucker for Diane's balladry with the haunting and building up vocal climax. Give me that standard violins and background guitars and we have a winner".

65. When Love Hurts (Real Love Remix)
    [​IMG]
    Average Score: 5.941
    Highest Score: 8.5 (Remorque)
    Lowest Score: 1.5 (Guy)
    My Score: 7.5

We're slowly getting into our first cuts for each project after JoJo's cull, with #LOVEJO2 losing its first track. It's a completely re-done remix of III's first single When Love Hurts, with much more urban-tinged production and new vocals. I know I'm in the minority here but I absolutely prefer this one over the original, which I still don't get (but I'll save that for later).

send photo (7.5) stands with me, saying "I like this more than the original. I only wish she released this EP in HQ so the production could shine", while Sprockrooster (6) scoffs, saying "She ain't no JLO when it comes to remixes" and evilsin (5) is also not here for it: "Not feeling this something-more-urban attempt at the glorious original."

~

We break the 6 point mark next!​

12. Not already my second 10... I didnot have that many 10s to begin with. Hmm.

13. Is this satire?

14. YES at What You Like going. Nooooo at Exceptional going so early. Thankfully @Sprockrooster agrees with me on this one.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  15. Imagine it's placement if it wasnot for our votes... On a second thought. Let's not imagine that.

GhettoPrincess likes this.
  16. I feel like we have the same taste, weren't we both high scorers of one of the other songs as well?

Sprockrooster likes this.
  17. It could be! I tend to go for the songs that have a more 00's RnB sound and I love dramatic songs, hence my Diane Warren stanning.

18. Exceptional is a solid 7 and I won't hear otherwise. GOD, I wish I voted but that debut is what nightmares are made of. Also, her cover of Weak could have survived another round or two.

Guy likes this.
  19. Exceptional is truly horrid for me, it's just so plain and boring. Definitely not excepional for me.

20. I had no idea about the writers but Exceptional and Note to God were by far my lowest scores on The High Road (bonus tracks excluded). Sorry Diane Warren, I guess not every song can be Too Lost in You.

evilsin, slaybellz and Sprockrooster like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.