Jojo - Too little, too late

PhillipsSpam said:
Has anyone heard this yet? Her voice sounds completely different!

Well, I've just had a listen to it at her Myspace page - see here, and well it isn't great, is it.

While her voice sounds different, it is still a crap song sung by someone who was great with their first single and then collapsed with every effort afterwards. Still though, as long as 13 year old girls buy it - she'll be doing fine.

I think her voice is really strong on this song, especially at the end. It has some similiarities to Leave (Get Out).
I'm bemused by the video though, the guy in it looks far too old for her.

Thanks for posting the MySpace link. Up until now I've kept thinking it was JoJo of K-Ci and JoJo fame. I was slightly wrong.

That song's OK. Nothing special. What else has she done, and why am I now confusing her with Kaci?

It's not aweshockingly wonderful, but it's a nice little song. Definately sounds aimed to the pre-teen market.

KittyLips said:
That song's OK. Nothing special. What else has she done, and why am I now confusing her with Kaci?

The only "big" song that I know of that she's done is "Leave (Get Out)" - I bought the CD Single in Berlin a couple years back (2004 I think it was). They both sound somewhat similar to me... but I like "Too Little, Too Late" if you had to put them up against each other.

Not amazing really. I don't know why she was signed, especially as she is doing RnB music. Her voice is nice, but she can't cope well in live environments and I never saw the point in her being this 'amazingly young yet amazingly talented popstar' when they immediately tried to turn her into an adult. I think she could struggle when she gets older if the success doesn't last. I hope this goes well for her simply for that reason, she's not as snobby as she appears when you hear her talk.

mr. sponge said:
Not amazing really. I don't know why she was signed, especially as she is doing RnB music. Her voice is nice, but she can't cope well in live environments and I never saw the point in her being this 'amazingly young yet amazingly talented popstar' when they immediately tried to turn her into an adult. I think she could struggle when she gets older if the success doesn't last. I hope this goes well for her simply for that reason, she's not as snobby as she appears when you hear her talk.

I wouldn't call 'Too Little, Too Late' RnB music.

S

Sean

It is really quite good and deserves to do well. I have a feeling Jojo will become more likeable/better the older she gets; it was a little creepy watching the uber self actualised demeanour of a thirty something Manhattan harridan in the barely pubescent body of Lindsay Lohan in The Parent Trap.

I wasnt expecting much when it started to play but wow! its actually quite good. Ive always loved Leave (get out) - one of my fav all timers

Yes, it's like a Disney-Pixar sequel - similar, but not disappointing! I think this could do very well. On Bebo it's already linked on hundreds of profiles, if that means anything.

Good analogy toby! Spot on.

It was #1 on the Bubbling Under chart in the US this past week... so that means #101. It will debut this week... it's airplay's climbing and she should have a pretty big hit once she puts it on iTunes.