JoJo - trying not to think about it | The Popjustice Forum

JoJo - trying not to think about it

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Music Is Death, May 24, 2021.

1. She's teasing new music!

And thanks to @Disco Tears in the good to know thread, we know the title:

2. Bring it on!!! She’s been feeding us constantly since the beginning of last year. What a queen!

Guy and Music Is Death like this.
  3. Sorry for the double post, but new snippet! It sounds like In The Dark meets So Bad. I can already tell that I’m going to love this. Also I didn’t realize that it’s out in Thursday RIGHT after the Masked Singer reveal, amazing!

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    andru and Music Is Death like this.
  4. I'm manifesting her winning The Masked Singer and getting the exposure that she deserves.

5. Omg the way she’s feeding us stans!!! So excited for whatever she has up her sleeve!

Music Is Death and timothy_b like this.
  6. I still believe that's her best song to date but I don't hear anything remotely similar to it in the snippet?

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  7. God the way I wish she would put the Can’t Take That Away From Me mixtape on streaming. In The Dark still sounding like something from the future all these years later is such a flex.

LeBratt, -M-, nooniebao and 9 others like this.
  8. Agápē should also be on streaming!

LeBratt, -M-, superultra and 10 others like this.
  9. God I will lose my shit if she wins. It would be so satisfying and obviously well-deserved. I have no idea how good the other two left are, but I hope she can beat them. Either way I love that she will be capitalizing on the exposure for her music, and I hope it actually translates into streams. I definitely plan on watching the finale if I can.

10. The cover is whelming considering the excellence she served during good to know (minus the deluxe cover, obvi). But I'm sure this will be another bop.

11. I don't know, I kinda like the dark gloominess of it all. It's a completely different vibe from the good to know imagery, and I think it works.

Staticboombox likes this.
  12. Guy

Guy

Creature of Habit is a cute little bop. I’m kind of hoping it’s a good to know outtake that she’s just releasing for the sake of the exposure from the Masked Singer finale tonight. It doesn’t exactly hit as hard as her lead singles tend to.

Slamb, andru and Music Is Death like this.
  13. I agree, though I’m pretty sure it’s not an outtake... the chorus sneaks up on you out of nowhere and stays in your head. Definitely a grower! I like that it’s pretty moody/mellow, but she should have released something with more punch to it. Her vocals are a revelation though. Especially during the bridge and onwards.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    andru, Guy and Music Is Death like this.
  14. Where have you heard the new song?

Music Is Death likes this.
  15. Basically where ever it’s already Thursday (Spotify NZ).

andru and Music Is Death like this.
  16. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Please, don’t share leaks on the forum, thank you!

TRAVVV and Music Is Death like this.
  17. Music Is Death likes this.
  18. andru likes this.
  19. It's a fine song but definitely not as good as majority of good to know and American Mood. Maybe it will grow on me though.

Daszek likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.