Jordin Sparks - Right Here Right Now (3rd Album) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Jordin Sparks - Right Here Right Now (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dark Raider, Feb 13, 2015.

1. An 11/10. iguessyoubettergoandgetchaarmour...getchaarmour is still such a moment.

And let me take this opportunity to also remind people that SOS (Let the Music Play) was also an incredible bop that doesn't get the credit it deserves. What a 1-2 punch.

Rob, Bangers&Bops, Mikal and 13 others like this.
  2. Facts are facts.

HollyDunnSomething and Robsolete like this.
  3. SOS gets many streams from me.

Robsolete likes this.
  4. I still play Walking On Snow and The Cure on a regular basis...

4Roses, Rob, Conan and 5 others like this.
  5. Honestly, the whole Battlefield album is amazing. It should have been her Good Girl Gone Bad.

6. @RJF Come join the SOS (Let the Music Play) stanning in here.

Conan and TRAVVV like this.
  7. I still remember her stomping out on American Idol, performing Battlefield. It was a moment.

Stopremix likes this.
  8. Don't Let It Go To Your Head is THE ONE for me on Battlefield. What a belter!

TRAVVV and Rob like this.
  9. Why was Battlefield not MASSIVE!?

Rob likes this.
  10. I think it's one of the biggest selling #11s ever or something but still, how much is that really saying?

TRAVVV likes this.
  11. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Walking On Snow, No Parade, The Cure... she was literally sitting on a goldmine of hits. I will never understand how Battlefield was perfectly engineered to be her Breakaway and resulted in her career completely imploding instead.

TRAVVV, CasuallyCrazed and PopCrushed like this.
  12. I still fondly remember the one time I heard SOS (Let the Music Play) on the radio.

TRAVVV and Rob like this.
  13. Because of this thread being bumped I've spent all morning listening to the Battlefield album. Walking On Snow has scalped me multiple times already.

Thank you.

Smooth Criminal, TRAVVV and Mikal like this.
  14. Maybe she just wasn't interesting enough as a personality/performer for the public to remain interested after the first album campaign. The songs were there. It Takes More is such a cute bop.

15. Battlefield is such a great album. I don't really understand why she didn't score multiple hits from it when she had three big ones from her debut.

16. Rob

Rob

I wish that were the case, this song was criminally overlooked by the public and it only scraped Silver in the UK and Gold in the US. Given what a song it is and how successful the debut album-era was it's so frustrating to see how it all panned out.

17. Battlefield absolutely did not deserve to flop. Why did radio not get behind her?

Her version of "Don't Let It Go To Your Head" could have been her "Behind These Hazel Eyes."

Never forget this true standalone flop though:

This is when things started to get really desperate... I miss her as a popstar though.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 6:09 PM
    girlsaloudjunkie likes this.
  18. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

I honestly don't think it was this though - as far as I recall, she never suffered from being shy and uninteresting like Leona Lewis for example (no shade, it's true).

I just think the timing of the campaign was way off - Battlefield, while being a career-defining song, was never going to do spectacularly over the summer of 2009. It would've made more sense to save it as the second single and lead with something lighter and more reminiscent of her debut (like Walking On Snow, which I realize is also weird to release in the summer, but it could've been retitled to something else). Obviously there's no telling how these things could've/should've panned out, but that's my reasoning anyway.

On another note, does anyone remember Freeze? I still think it should've been pushed as the fourth single from her debut, especially since the previous three singles did so well and she probably could've scored another Top 20 hit with it. It's so stunning.

19. Say It Right Freeze is my favourite Jordin song, ever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.