Jorja Smith - Lost & Found (June 8th) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Jorja Smith - Lost & Found (June 8th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by 1991, Mar 14, 2017.

1. 2014

2014 Moderator

Blue Lights charted at #38 in the UK singles chart today and the album got to #3! I'm pleased for her.

Vasilios and dylbop like this.
  2. I finally got around to listening to this album in full and—honestly?—I think it's lovely. It's not "album of the year" material, nor does it venture into any uncharted sonic/lyrical territory, but I don't think those are negative qualities at all. It's a solid, consistent debut, and I find it pretty well put-together. I'm glad she excluded "Let Me Down" and even the amazing "On My Mind" for this; they're too sonically dissonant for the early-to-mid 2000s soul vibe that pervades the record. (Although, it would have been nice for "A Prince" to have a home on the album.)

The album overall reminds me of Corinne Bailey Rae's first album—airy, fairly acoustic, and very pleasant on the ears. Jorja sounds lovely throughout it.

However, the first half and "Blue Lights" are the strongest parts of the album. "February 3rd" is just as beautiful as I knew it would be when I first heard a snippet of it on Insecure.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the album. Nicely done.

Vasilios and sesita like this.
  3. It’s brilliant. Like a diary or an old school early 90s nusoul release.

sesita and superultra like this.
  4. Blue Lights live on French tv a couple of weeks ago:

5. February 3rd on the Tonight Show last night:

sesita likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.