Josef Salvat - modern anxiety (2020) | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Josef Salvat - modern anxiety (2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jmmc13, Jan 20, 2013.

1. The verses are just... yas.

WhipperSnapper and andru like this.
  2. He has such a great voice. Loving in the afternoon.

3. In the Afternoon is amazing!

Someboy and andru like this.
  4. At first I thought "In the Afternoon" was a bit too basic but it has grown on me a lot. It's extremely catchy. Also, the guitar lines are delicious.

andru and iciparis like this.
  5. Gig tonight was incredible! I managed to get a ticket last minute as I wasn’t sure if I’d be free from work when they went on sale and I’m so glad I did. The new songs Josef performed were great - I’m anticipating the release and already imagine it’ll become one of my favourite albums of the year! It’s my first time seeing him live and he is much smaller than I thought he would be. He’s adorable on stage and has a great presence.

Did you manage to go in the end @Charles Vingt-†rois?

6. He was amazing, I love him.

andru likes this.
  7. "playground love" is the one.

andru likes this.
  8. He was incredible last night! Can you imagine being *such* a natural that your first gig after three years of not touring is still a masterclass in how to captivate a crowd?

(He's also fit AF)

andru likes this.
  9. The album will be out 15th May and is titled "modern anxiety".
    Tracklist is as follows:
    Source is JB HiFi.

10. Excited! Just wish we didn’t already have nearly half the album.

andru likes this.
  11. Call On Me was my favourite from the new songs he performed yesterday. From memory, he did the singles and their b-sides, plus Melt and Enough which were both fantastic too - more minimal/stark ballads if I remember correctly.

It is a bit disappointing that we’ve heard almost half of it, and I imagine we’ll see another single (with a b-side) before May too.

12. RJF

RJF

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

In The Afternoon is gorgeous. Thrilled he's back!

14. Everything is really quite laid back and lovely. Feels like he's quite relaxed about things too. And that cover is fantastic.

15. I love the album cover. The right kind of minimal, nice tile color, nude man in a bathtub, what else do you need.

16. Double post, but this is still a 10/10 perfect bop. Of course, this version isn't available to purchase anywhere...

BikeThief, inevitable, LiK and 3 others like this.
  17. i love him but all his songs are kinda about hoing it up right?

18. And what about it?

19. He's already told us that he's "got the heart of a hustler with a hustler's pain."

20. A&E

A&E

For fans of the franglais versions, the French edition also includes modern anxiety (la vie moderne) and in the afternoon (donne-moi rendez-vous). Gotta keep an eye on when the physicals get listed on fnac I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.