Josef Salvat - Night Swim

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretentious in such a relaxed way. I'm all about exposing the fakeness of the whole popstar machinery, and this is such a cool way to do so. Loving it! I also bought the promo for "Hustler" recently, still his best work.

What a track; I'm ashamed to be so far behind the curve here. I wish I had directed that video, it's so good.

The song is nice. The video is fine. You just have to not think too much about it. Its brand of pretentiousness is very accessible to the point it lacks accuracy. It almost misses the point. But it's good!

Someone like Little Boots probably wishes she had come up with this concept, and would probably pull it off even better.

Open Season is one of my favourite tracks from the past couple of years. Video was good, I'd love for him to get more recognition.

In France, Belgium and Switzerland "Night Swim" (the album) is going to be released on 23rd October. It'll have a special French-only tracklist including a cover of Étienne Daho's "Weekend À Rome". Global release with different content is scheduled for January 2016.

So glad that some form of an album is out soon. Can't wait to hear Paradise again, it was up there with Open Season when I heard it live.

That's great news as I'll be in France the next week!

If you understand Spanish, there's a pretty good interview with him here.

In France, Belgium and Switzerland "Night Swim" (the album) is going to be released on 23rd October. It'll have a special French-only tracklist including a cover of Étienne Daho's "Weekend À Rome". Global release with different content is scheduled for January 2016.

Album cover is here:

Josef-Salvat-Night-Swim-2015-600x600-Official.png

Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.