JQT General Discussion [New Girl Group!] | The Popjustice Forum

JQT General Discussion [New Girl Group!]

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Breaking Heart, Jul 1, 2011.

1. JQT are a South Korean girl group. They are most widely known for the song "PeeKaBoo"

JQT were in talks of signing contracts with Universal Music and Capitol Records before leaving for Vietnam on June 23rd for a 10-day promotion period. Upon their arrival, they’ve starred in various TV shows, like YAN TV, and opened showcases in seven major cities.

A representative of GP Entertainment said, “Before they release their album in the States in November, JQT will be advancing into Japan, England, Germany, and other places. We are currently working on their schedule to fit it in.”

So in other words, were gonna be getting a fierce girl group in the UK!!!! Finally! Do you think they will do well? I think they have more chance in the UK than the U.S.. expecially with the right push!

Here is PeeKaBoo for those who haven't heard it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoqsGA1tBqs

2. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I'm not really sure. They aren't exactly K-pop favorites.

3. If you can't do well in Korea, then you are not going ANYWHERE!

4. 3Xs

3Xs

They're shit, have had no success in Korea, and the idea of "JQT" going to America, the UK, or anywhere else is nothing less than laughable and continues to baffle me. Good luck to them, but I just don't see it.

I also don't see why separate thread was needed when nothing solid has been confirmed and there's not much interest in them to start with. They're not exactly 2NE1.

5. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Well to be fair 3Xs, the Korean Pop topic is so varied I think any artist could rightfully have their own topic but that would be messy I know. However these guys barely get talked about anyway and are supposedly going to bigger and better so their own thread might not be a bad idea.

Worst scenario they bomb and this thread gets lost, no biggie.

6. 3Xs

3Xs

HA.

*Cue 2 years later and JQT are huge superstars, 3Xs is forced to eat his words*

7. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Thus the supposedly! I'm not writing them off because I haven't seen enough.

8. JEEZ! give these girls a chance, they could do a Supernova and become more successful in there target country than there own.

If these girls do make it into the scene then maybe they can open the gateway for our 2NE1, RaNia, 4minute and other k-pop groups releasing in the US.

9. Hitori

Hitori Guest

I hope they don't become laughing stocks. But I might eat my words too. The best of luck to these girls.

10. They first need to become more popular in Korea if they want to break Europe or the States.

That song of theirs is okay but they'll need more than that.

11. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

I don't think so really.

12. I'm quite excited at the prospect of having such a group come and promote in the UK at least. I mean... They can't do much worse than the likes of Parade or SoundGirl with some press surely.

And being big in Korea will mean nothing over here, so I don't think that really matters. All they need to do is work on their English and get hold of a good song, but who knows, it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.