Julia Michaels - Lie Like This + Debut Album | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Julia Michaels - Lie Like This + Debut Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popzone, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Revisited her first EP yesterday and I was surprised at how dated it sounded. I still adore it, but the instrumentals and constant repetition drag it down a bit. It remains her best work to date, though.

Txetxu likes this.
  2. If The World Was Ending is kinda gorgeous, yes. Happy it is properly taking off.

nooniebao and GRMusic like this.
  3. Very interested in how this will sound.

nooniebao likes this.
  4. Yeah, it’s been a year since we’ve gotten a proper solo single. I hope that her Rare contributions & If the World Was Ending were precursors to more Mattman & Robin + FINNEAS collaborations for her solo songs.

enricll likes this.
  5. Short snippet of Lie Like This:

Jersey and elektroxx like this.
  6. I'm getting some low-key "Don't Start Now" vibes from this.

nooniebao likes this.
  7. Officially a lead single for her debut album, finally. Good for her.

man.tis.shrimp and nooniebao like this.
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Hmmm interested to see what she feels is choreography.

9. It's a completely fine, inoffensive bop. The melodies sound surprisingly not very Julia, and the chorus before the "Lie Like This" hook heavily reminds me of another song (I think something by LANY?). But I can see myself listening to this way more than the previous EP.

spaceship and nooniebao like this.
  10. I actually love this? It’s nice to hear her on something uptempo after 2 years of mostly ballads and acoustic-ish songs.

spaceship, notyourmate and enricll like this.
  11. Her best song since "Issues". Could see this being huge with the right push.

spaceship, Andy French and nooniebao like this.
  12. Yeah this is one of her best songs in ages.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  14. This is really great.

15. It nags at me so much that she’s calling this her “debut album” when Nervous System very much felt like one to me, but whatever! (If Issues gets shoehorned onto it though we’re gonna have words)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.