Julia Michaels - Nervous System + Inner Monologue | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

Julia Michaels - Nervous System + Inner Monologue

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by popzone, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Well, yeah. I find his work uninspired and average.

2. I’m with you, his production sounds pretty flat to me. Let’s see how this one turns out, though. If it was written by her, at least the songwritting will appeal to me.

3. The soundtrack song ‘Heaven’ is actually really nice. It’s a bit different for her and the way the production builds throughout the song keeps it from being too one note. My only quibble is I wish it was...weirder...but as a true lover of bad boys myself I can definitely relate.

4. Julia is going to serve as an advisor on the voice this season....hmm....

5. I'm impressed with how much support she clearly has at her label and with the team behind her. And they aren't stingy with content - she's had several songs and features out since the EP. But nothings hitting. I Miss You is actually pretty good.

Ferk likes this.
  6. At least she’s building a bigger profile in Europe with the Clean Bandit song. Was her Maroon 5 feature a single?

7. Julia? Hailee? Shawn? Did they run out of options for famous artists who will appear on The Voice?

Wishlight, 4Roses, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  8. Shawn Mendes is pretty famous though.

9. They prob want THE YOUTHS!!!!!!!!!!! because I can't think of a single person I know who watches the show, under the age of 40.

10. Now you know one. I am 23.

11. "I Miss You" is actually doing pretty well in the UK though.

dodoriazarbon and aniraz like this.
  12. I don't know yew.

13. HEAVEN is fantastic. On repeat all day.

14. Are we pretending that Shawn and Hailee aren't two of the most famous/popular young stars out there?

15. Hailee Steinfeld? She's released, what, 10 songs? And only 1 was a top 20 hit. Maybe 1 other made the top 40? Thats not a great track record.

speedyboi likes this.
  16. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Heaven is maybe my favourite thing she's ever done. Love to see her go in this direction more, because the EP just didn't do anything for me besides Pink.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  17. I don't know what charts and what doesn't, but keep abreast of new pop on Spotify. I loved it when it came out and it always comes up on the big Pop/Chart playlists so I assumed it was fairly massive. Maybe just here?

18. She’s a session singer at best. There’s nothing interesting about her to make it long term.

rubirubi and sammidrew like this.
  19. RJF

RJF

Imagine having to stand there and take vocal instruction from Julia Michaels.

20. “So you take anything with an ‘S’ and you add a ‘H’. Simple!”

Rhombus, Noir, r1ver and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.