July 2020 PJ Charts: Voting Closed | The Popjustice Forum

July 2020 PJ Charts: Voting Closed

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Jul 19, 2020.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

JULY 2020 PJ CHARTS

RULES

1. Send a chart of your 10 favourite songs and 5 to 10 favourite albums (using the format below) in a PM to @ohnostalgia
    2. You can choose to send only songs or albums if you wish
    3. The songs can be singles, album tracks, demos, or anything you want.
    4. The albums can be full length, EP, compilations and even unreleased albums
    5. You cannot submit a ballot entirely full of K-pop. There is an equally fabulous K Chart run by @Slice of Life. You must vote for at least one non K-pop song (a K-pop song for the Japanese/Chinese/etc market is treated the same as a release for Korean audiences). I would encourage you to vote for at least one non K-pop album, but it is not required.
    6. The songs and albums can be released whenever, but releases within the past 6 months or so have the best chance to make a chart.
    7. The charts should be what you've been listening to in the past month.
    8. Your favourite song/album gets 10 points, scaling all the way down to 1 point.
    9. The total points earned builds the chart.
    10. An album or song must have a minimum of two voters to chart.
    11. Ties are broken by number of voters, then by highest vote, by quality of vote, then lowest score. If we still can't break parity the entries remain tied.
    12. The top five songs each month make the 2019 PJ Chart Rate, a modified Eurovision Style contest that runs once a year.

NEW BALLOT FORMAT

Please use the following template when voting.

10 points:
    9 points:
    8 points:
    7 points:
    6 points:
    5 points:
    4 points:
    3 points:
    2 points:
    1 point:

If you are only voting for five albums, stop at 6 points.

When submitting a specific entry please use the following formats

Song (Feature Artist) - Main Artist
    Album - Artist

If a song has two artists, but neither is featured, please submit accordingly

Song - Main Artist 1 & Main Artist 2

Thank You.

VOTES DUE JULY 31st @ 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME.

2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Add to the FYC playlist:

Sanctuary, Serg., Diet Pop! and 12 others like this.
  6. The perfect timing of this thread being posted a few hours after my July Song Contest entry is revealed!!

Vote French greatness, best song by VIDEOCLUB so far, and live your French 80s Prom fantasies!! :D

7. Also - to celebrate 20 years of the classic Rise - Gabrielle is releasing updated versions of cuts from her 2000 album every Friday!

The first of which is here, and as amazing as ever - with interpolations with Knocking On Heaven’s Door which it sampled!

@Robsolete @Sprockrooster @londonrain - let’s coordinate this one right!

8. Hey y'all! Guess what?! I was born this month! On the 30th! So as a present to me, help me get this album top 5 this month?

As well as this song?

And get these songs at least top 10?

9. I'm gonna add anyone who doesn't vote this to my ignore list

One of the very best K-Pop songs of the year.

Serg., Diet Pop!, pop3blow2 and 6 others like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

A strong contender for 10 points from me this round, and possibly the best song from this era (okay, it’s between this and Gaslighter).

11. And I'm gonna need Team French, and Team Bops and Team Good Taste In General, to make this the hit it deserves to be

12. aux

aux

For your consideration xx

[​IMG]

13. Yes let's all gather to give beabadoobee the praise she deserves:

As if it wasn't obvious with my constant stanning, her debut is one of my most anticipated albums of whatever's left of this hellish year.

Vote for her!

Sanctuary, Serg., Diet Pop! and 10 others like this.
  14. Do I even need to present this queen?

Acoustic bop-ish Kpop is my catnip. Let me get my guitar and pretend I can sing.

Don't forget to check out the long awaited return from Lianne La Havas.

This song is a rollercoaster and an early favorite.

In need of some throwback pop? Here you go.

15. Sorry for the spam but the media limit is killing me!

Yes, The Aces might not be reinventing anything but I love their brand of funky/synthy pop rock either way!

I can't pick a favorite so here are two songs I want to highlight.

And last but not least, Dreamcatcher are always bringing drama in their K-rock and wow, can I say legendaric?

C'est tout... pour le moment.

16. Half of my top 10:

Who's in?

17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

How charitable of @aux to attempt to give Ellie Goulding a top 40 hit after all.

This is very good:

And so is this:

18. sweet mother of god

Diet Pop!, berserkboi and ohnostalgia like this.
  19. I will be back with some Aphrodite promo later as I’m just making some tweaks but in the meantime why not listen to this:

20. I someone else voting for this noise?

Also thanks to those who votes for House Of Keta because I've been obsessed with it ever since I discovered it in the June thread.

Sanctuary, Crisp X, Rogue and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.